Ask
    ashleycooper122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 07:55 AM
    How to write a business plan
    How do I begin to write a business plan
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2008, 08:15 AM

There are whole books written about this so its hard to answer you in the limited scope of a forum like this.

There are software packages that will help you format a plan based on an interview like process.

You can also contact sba.gov or score.org. Both have a lot of help freely available to startups.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 03:41 PM

Hi, ashleycooper122!

What kind of business is this concerning, please? Also, are you looking for how to do this for your own business?

Thanks!
    CoachMaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 05:26 PM

Ashley,

Here is a list of business plan resources. Free to fee. Templates, samples, and information.

http://www.TheResourceQueen.com/businessplans.htl
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 12:52 AM

Hi again, ashleycooper122!

If you put the following two words, Business Plans or singularly, Plan into the search function at the top of this page, you will find many, many links to threads where the topic of business plans has been addressed.

Thanks!
    matsonian Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 07:13 PM
    The first question is what is the purpose of your BP? If it is to get financing, go out and get Business Plan Pro or some behemoth type program like that to create a plan that meets the important standards of your banker.

However, if you are just trying to create a plan for the success of your business, try a strategic business plan and a software like QuickPlanner Plus. Strategic plans better define your goals and objectives and the progams needed to achieve them.

http://www.quickplannerplus.com
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 07:20 PM

Your public library has books and other materials on this. You can even get SCORE's phone number and help from a retired exec.
    MeMac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Check out the Small Business Administration website. They have an article on how to write a business plan and the outline for one showing what it should contain in it.

Mac
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2008, 03:13 AM

It still would help to know what kind of business plan this is concerning, because, depending on what type of business it is, it might not be all that hard to write the business plan.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 06:31 PM

All the above are very helpful and informative responses to your question. But Clough is right, if we knew more about the type of business and what the Business Plan was for we could possibly focus more directly on helping you.

As Wondergirl said, the library is a great source and so are the websites mentioned.

Here are some "easy" books on Business plans that could help:

"The Complete Book of Business Plans" -Covelio Hazelgren
    (Easy read)

"The Market Planning Book" -Bangs (Some simple plans)

Stringer
    ronex Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 10:16 AM

Well do you want the detail format.I am the student of business... if you want the format I caould help...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Hello ron:

Most business plans need to be spelled correctly and they don't use text speech. If I was looking for someone to help me with my business plan, I don't think I'd give you a call.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a professional business plan? [ 5 Answers ]

I need to pesent a formal business plan, but I haven't done this before. Can anybody else teach me how to write a business plan or tell me where can I find the sample of it? Thanks!

How to write a business plan [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to open a business in the phoenix area I need to know how do I Start writing my business plan

Write business plan for banquet hall [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to write a business plan to get finance to open banquet hall.

View more questions Search