Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    561packrat Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 06:57 AM
    North Korea, plutonium vs. uranium
    Given that North Korea has the ability to produce plutonium weapons, why pursue uranium enrichment? What is the advantage? Seems to me that plutonium can be produced in a breeder reactor and more easily processed than the enrichment & separation procedures for uranium. Doesn't plutonium provide for a more compact and deliverable device than uranium?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 7, 2008, 06:59 AM
    You still need to enrich the nuclear material to produce a viable weapon and uranium is a lot easier, comparatively, to deal with.

Doesn't plutonium provide for a more compact and deliverable device than uranium?
    Basically, no.

Nuclear weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He is leaving to Korea! WHY? [ 9 Answers ]

Well it's been a few days since I've been on here.. I just got a text from my ex fiancé that I need to try and move on cause he is leaving to Korea for two years in October. He also said that he still doesn't want a realstionship cause he still has to focus and needs his space and that when...

Korea- laws [ 1 Answers ]

I am preparing to study abroad and I know laws are different everywhere you go. Does anyone know which drugs are illegal in korea and what the drinking age is? 1) the Narcotics Act for Regulating raw opium and opium poppy, cocaine, and Heroin; 2) the Cannabis Control Act for regulating...

Whack from korea [ 4 Answers ]

There was this little guy sitting in a bar, drinking, minding his own business when all of a sudden this great big guy comes in and --WHACK! -- knocks him clean off the bar stool and onto the floor. The big guy says, "That was a karate chop from Korea." The little guy thinks "GEEZ," but he gets...

Depleted Uranium (DU) weaponry [ 22 Answers ]

I overheard my Auntie talking on the telephone and she said that the war in Iraq was killing many more troops and Iraqis than anyone can imagine. Then something about Depleted Uranium and the Gulf War syndrome and the troops that died from that war. Well anyway I wondered if any of you people...

Need tips for a trip to Korea [ 3 Answers ]

Ok me and my friends are obviously planning a trip to Korea for next year and I wanted to know if anyone can give me tips. Like a good place to buy tickets and stuff.

View more questions Search