Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NESQUICK3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Are there tax write offs for hiring ex cons
    I have a friend who just got out on parole, he told me that if I hire him that I can receive a $35000.00 reduction in a tax write off. He was paroled in New York State. Is this true, if it is, how much should I pay him, and can he work as a Independent contractor?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:00 AM

I don't know how you would be able to benefit from a employer tax write off if the person is going to act as an independent contractor because you won't be paying the taxes, he will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business uses home for office - Tax write offs? [ 3 Answers ]

What tax write offs are there for a selfe-mployed person who uses there home as the office and admin area of their work? Links to info?:)

Lay offs [ 1 Answers ]

All of the people in our company are employed "at will", but some will be laid off for a definite period and the plan is to employ them again after several months. Can any criteria that the company chooses be used to select the people who will be laid off? It was suggested by one of our managers...

Write offs [ 1 Answers ]

Can I write off part of my one bedroom apartment. I work from home.

1099 write offs [ 1 Answers ]

I work as a subcontractor for a cable company and get 1099ed was wondering what I can write off on my taxes I have a company truck should I do gas or mileage it my first year and never got 1099ed before if anyone can help let me know thank you

View more questions Search