Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cynic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 09:09 PM
    Harry Potter
    Does anyone else on here think Harry Potter is going to be killed off...
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

May 27, 2006, 04:25 AM
    Why should he be killed off?? He appears to be a nice little earner and as the old saying goes...

... You don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg!! :D
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 27, 2006, 08:30 AM
    I don't think they would kill him off. Too many kids everywhere really enjoy the series. I guess maybe it it's a possibility.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2006, 02:10 PM
    It would be really sad for all the kids who are fans if he was killed off. Plus I think of him as a survivor, having lost his parents and being brought up by people who didn't really love him and actually abused him in some ways. It would seem kind of pointless and harsh to kill him off after all the obstacles he's overcome in his life. Not to mention, JK Rowling created him for her children to begin with, and I don't think they'd want him to die. She may "retire" the series, especially when he grows up, but I think she'll have him get married and have kids of his own. And maybe those kids will have adventures, too. At least that seems more plausible and less cruel for what is basically a series for children.

May 27, 2006, 03:59 PM
    Has anyone read the last book it seems to be leading to that... Plus she said she was only making 7 books and that was it...
    Gravity Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2006, 04:15 AM
    I don't think Harry Potter can or will be killed. Leaving him alive will let the enigma live in the minds of millions of readers and keep the fantasy alive. Besides the fans will be very disappointed with his death, don't u think? I think the magic should go on... at least for the kids who are such great fans and this book allows them to momentarily see a different world from which we live in. Go Harry Potter!!
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 20, 2006, 04:22 AM
    I agree with Gravity, I think the magic should go on! And I'm not even a great great fan! I think it would be a shame to kill a character that,corporate aside, has been a great help to many. And anyway, 7 books? That was this series, I would have thought something would come out after, even if it is the new "Hermiony" series or something. Any way he's magic, if he was killed, millions of kids everyewhere would be singing chants trying to bring him back to life, and we don't want that :S

Jun 20, 2006, 07:57 AM
    The last book better be one hell of a book... Because she said she is not making anymore after that one...
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Well, she may change her mind... and perhaps she will start a series of books based on the adventures of Harry Potter's children or something.
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Ok, so, because I really don't know, when IS the 7th book due to come out?
    Gravity Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2006, 01:10 AM
    I don't remember the title of the last book I read but it was the latest one available ( according to a friend - suffering from the Potter mania ) in that book Dumbledore dies and Harry has to seek Voldermort and unlike the other books he seems scared for his life and the ending of the book is a bit sad.. unlike the others. For Harry has lost many of his trusted advisors and friends. Well well... despite of the distressing end, somehow I doubt that harry will be killed... it will be corporate suicide for J.K. Rowling. Besides as I said before the enigma must be allowed to live on for the sake of many children and adults who are absolutely crazy about Harry Potter.:)
    xcandybabex160 Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Jun 21, 2006, 01:11 AM
    No he's not going to get killed of . Who said that??
    nenya Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2006, 06:57 AM
    I bet he will get chopped - he can't live forever
    SouthernSpecial Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2006, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ndx
    Ok, so, because I really dont know, when IS the 7th book due to come out?

It's projected that it will come out Summer 2007. Nothing official yet.

On another note, Rowling has already said that she will not be making any prequals OR sequals to the Harry Potter series.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jul 2, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSpecial
    On another note, Rowling has already said that she will not be making any prequals OR sequals to the Harry Potter series.
    Yep - that's the way I heard it too ( and I think it was out of the horse's mouth on a radio interview).
    I reckon the most obvious thing would be for him to become one of the teachers or such - it would leave it open for a kind of sequal later on if she ever felt like it.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jul 2, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Ok kids go to http://www.mugglenet.com

She has come out and said two main charcters die in the next book
    SouthernSpecial Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Old News. And just about every Potter fan uses MuggleNet anyway.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jul 2, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Obviously they don't if they are asking questions of this type

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harry potter fan anyone ? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so how many times have YOU seen it?? (goblet of fire ) I think it was the best one yet. Although I wish I would have read the books first . I know that's pretty sad that I love the movies but I haven't read the books - well Im workin' on it. Please let me know everyone's thoughts questions or...

Harry potter [ 4 Answers ]

Has any one seen the new movie of Harry Potter? How is it? I haven't seen it. Some people say it was good and some say that it wasn't that good.

Harry Potter Limited Edition IPOD [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to find out exactly how many Harry Potter Limited Edition Ipods were actually made? I called Apple headquarters and their answer was "that is proprietary information that we cannot disclose". Out the door it's around 600 bucks and before I spend that kind of money on one, I'd...

View more questions Search