msnbc.com Video Player

People who live in glass houses...
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    msnbc.com Video Player

People who live in glass houses....
    So the guy that got fired from his job as political analyst "smacks down" Palin. Who cares what that pathetic, unhinged idiot thinks?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Ad hominem attack eh? Pretty much means you can't defend the message he sends.
    Thanks for playing.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 05:43 AM
    Ad hominem attack eh? Pretty much means you can't defend the message he sends.
    Thanks for playing.
    How in God's name does this man, the man who in that very video uttered another of his dozens upon dozens of ad hominem attacks on the president and some of the most condescending BS toward Palin, deserve even an ounce of credibility? So yeah, darn right it was an ad hominem attack, when the shoe fits and it's time to take off the gloves I'm no shrinking violet. I'm fed up with this nonsense so the gloves are off.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 05:43 AM

Is this his Monday "Special Comment" about Palin ?
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I'm fed up with this nonsense so the gloves are off.
    We're so scared. :)
    Good luck in the election! Remember that you reap what you sow. If Palin and McCain want to go down a certain path then they open the door to inquisitive eyes into their past.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:26 AM
    I just read the diatribe. It comes down to saying Todd Palin was a member of The Alaskan Independence Party ;a party that was formed by Joe Vogler in the 1970s.

A couple of things :
    Joe Volger to my knowledge never lit the fuse to bomb anything. Bill Ayers did it and bragged about it as late as 2001. Clearly there was a long standing relationship between Obama and Ayers that preceded the Ayers interview in the NY Slimes . Why did Obama not end the relationship when Ayers bragged about being a terrorist ? Why does Obama continue to lie about it ?

To my knowledge there is no violent terrorist group associated with the AIP party. It is a secessionist party. Does NK think of the Péquistes or Bloc Québécois as terrorists ?

Todd Palin's alleged affiliation with the party was from 1995-2002 . That would be 2 years after the death of Volger . Clearly there was no personal relationship there.

Like the rest of his rant ;all Olbermann is really doing is a phishing expedition.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:50 AM
    We're so scared. :)
    Good luck in the election! Remember that you reap what you sow. If Palin and McCain want to go down a certain path then they open the door to inquisitive eyes into their past.
    I really don't care if you're scared or not, NK, just letting you know that since "you guys" chose this game I'm up for it.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:55 AM
    just letting you know that since "you guys" chose this game I'm up for it.
    But we didn't - that's the whole point you are missing.

Cheers... tough guy. :) Get yer high heels out, you betcha!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:31 AM

I don't understand How Palin missed that talking about Ayers and Wright doesn't work. I mean she reads Everything and all of them so she must have stumbled across one article in March April May or June that proves the American public doesn't think Obama Pals around with terrorist.

And if him winning the nomination doesn't prove that Americans Don't care maybe Palin should look at this link.

http://www.gallup.com/Home.aspx
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Who cares what that pathetic, unhinged idiot thinks?
    Hello speech:

Yeah, I agree, that O'Reilly is something else...

Oh, oh, oh... I thought you was talking about HIM... Sorry.

Don't you think they make good bookends, though? Or, do you only want YOUR guy saying unhinged crap??

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:37 AM

Spit . Remember that Evita started from way behind after Super Tues and then almost fought back in the primaries by also discussing Ayers ;Rezko etc. in the contest . Obama never adequately responded so these issues are still relevant to character and judgement.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    spit . remember that Evita started from way behind after Super Tues and then almost fought back in the primaries by also discussing Ayers ;Rezko etc. in the contest . Obama never adequately responded so these issues are still relevent to character and judgement.
    And that's why Hillary (that's her name) is not the dem's nominee.

By the way have you noticed that whenever issues in someone's past that's not issue related it's "elevent to character and judgement" but when they do it to McCain or Palin it's suddenly a smear tactic? Weird eh?
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello speech:

Yeah, I agree, that O'Reilly is something else....

Oh, oh, oh.... I thought you was talking about HIM..... Sorry.

Don't you think they make good bookends, though?? Or, do you only want YOUR guy saying unhinged crap???

excon
    Who said O'Reilly is my guy? But since that's your standard, when it comes to fairness there's no comparison. O'Reilly has often taken on the Bush administration, he's taken on McCain, and he usually has both sides on his show - often giving the last word to the other side. O'Reilly doesn't pretend he isn't partisan and he isn't hired to be non-partisan, whereas Olbermann was hired to give balanced coverage of the election and was removed from that position for his failure to do so.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:51 AM

They only want to remove a star from the American flag, you betcha! This isn't something that happened when you were in pre-Kindergarten, or the 8th grade. This is very recent. Sarah Palin has some explaining to do about her deep ties to this organization. Why does Sarah Palin hate America so much?
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 08:03 AM

Lol If you wanted to brand everone in the country who has sympathised with some form of secession as a terrorist you'd be talking about a sizable minority in the country . Do you think all the Alberta seperatists are terrorists ? Seems up in your neck of the woods every province wants independence.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

I didn't say he was unfair. I said he was unhinged, and he is. That ain't bad. I'm a little unhinged too.

But, I DO think they work well together... And, I think they really do MIRROR their constituency... Olbermann is slick, sophisticated, and elite (I'm sure you'll like that one). He LOVES agreement. He's ABOVE the fray, and only raises his voice ABOUT the other guys, not to them. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty.

O'Reilly, on the other hand, tells like HE sees it (I like that - even if I disagree). He's really not sophisticated, and dives right in. He LOVES getting his hands dirty, and he raises his voice TO the other guys, not about them. I like that too.

They're BOTH over the top in different ways. Like bookends.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 08:40 AM
    But we didn't - that's the whole point you are missing.

Cheers....tough guy. :) Get yer high heels out, you betcha!
    Keep trying, NK, I wasn’t born yesterday. I’ve been listening to the most vile, unhinged hatred from the left for 8 years now. Your side still has people complaining that Bush stole the 2000 election, that’s a pretty good indication how out of touch with reality your side is.

I’ve got the Dems emails who started attacking McCain before he had the nomination wrapped up and before they had a nominee of their own, lying through their teeth about his “hundred years” in Iraq statement and claimed he was “caught in yet another ethics scandal.”

In one email alone on February 25, 2008, Howard Dean accused him of “blatant hypocrisy on ethics and integrity,” “breaking the law,” “a total lack of integrity and honesty,” “ripping a page right from George Bush's playbook: ignoring the laws when they aren't convenient and hoping no one will notice,” “using government programs when it's politically convenient and breaking the rules when it's not,” “thinks he's above the law” and “poses as a reformer, but seems to think reforms apply to everyone but him.”

On the 26th, Joe Sandler sent an email in which he called McCain a liar – twice – said he “abused the system” and accused him of “hypocrisy” and said “his total lack of integrity has never been more clear.”

On the 28th, Tom McMahon sent an email claiming McCain thinks he is “above the law” and “breaks the very rules he wrote.” He also said “John McCain is proving to be no different from the swift-boating, vote-suppressing Republicans of years past. That's why we have to hit him hard and hit him fast now” because he “would just offer a third Bush term.”

On March 5, McMahon said “McCain and Bush are both telling the American people what they want to hear, rather than the truth” and “It's frightening how much George Bush likes John McCain.”

On the 17th, Dean accused McCain of “misleading the American people about his record” and claimed “he has traded his integrity for a chance at the presidency.”

We didn’t start it, that’s a laugh. I’ve had enough of this kind of BS, I’ve had enough of unhinged leftists trying to take over my country with their lies, hypocrisy, intolerance, closed-mindedness, arrogance and hatred, and I find irrelevant the opinions of outsiders who refuse to discuss anything on substance and consider someone like Olbermann a voice of authority. Cheers right back at you :)
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Those are all true. But they are nowhere near the vile emails about McCain that went around and even surfaced on this board.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Those are all true. But they are nowhere near the vile emails about McCain that went around and even surfaced on this board.
    Those are "all true?" Yeah, your judgment is sound. Just tell me one thing on these, what happened to their complaint to the FEC?

You're also still ignoring one thing, tom and I (and perhaps others) defended Obama against all those internet rumors. I have yet to see one of you defend McCain against the ridiculous distortions of his hundred year remark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Keith Olbermann Jewish? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering if Keith is Jewish. He has a fabulous intelligence and sense of humor. :)

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now [ 13 Answers ]

Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

View more questions Search