Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 30, 2008, 06:27 PM

Nice to hear :)
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Gift for her
    OK I've been dating this girl for almost 6 weeks and christmas is coming up and I gave her some good jewellery for her b-day and I don't know what to really get her. She likes black and he likes some of the scene/emo style stuff and she likes romantic music and stuff. We kissed a lot and other stuff and you. Any ideas on what I should get her for christmas??
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 23, 2008, 10:15 PM

You don't want to get her any more jewelry then?
    Because jewelry is always a great present no matter if you got it for her birthday already.
    But perhaps you could give her a CD of some music you know she likes or a DVD.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 07:00 AM

In the immortal words of my fiancée, "you can never go wrong with something shiny".

Mar 13, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Fight between my girlfriend and I
    Well my girlfriend doesn't want to go to school and I've tried to tell her that its very important for every reason and that its for the best but she won't listen. Her friend told me I should just let her be but I just really don't like that she isn't going to school and I'm not sure what to do. Right now were not talking...
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 06:26 PM

Well not talking isn't going to solve anything!

Go around and tell her how your feeling and why your feeling this way, that you care for her and that is why her future matters so much to you.

Do this calmly and cool.

She is obviously going through a lot now, tell her that your there for her if she needs to talk or if there is anything else you can do.

Communication is key.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 06:27 PM

I think if you have shared your very reasonable viewpoint that school is necessary and you would like her to attend, beyond that you as her boyfriend can not force her to attend. I think it is time to focus on your own schooling and leave her to fail, but I wouldn't have her as a girlfriend anymore.

Mar 13, 2009, 06:31 PM

I have told her about the goods and the bads and that the cost of everything is rising in the economy and about jobs and all that and I said it nicely and she still doesn't want to
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 06:34 PM

Well then you have no choice, it is her decision at the end of the day and you have to respect that.

Not the easiest pill to swallow I know.

Apr 18, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Gf drinks beer
    Not long ago I found out that my girlfriend drank beer. When she does drink its not usually just a little and she is under age by a few years. She says she knows why its so bad and that she can get arrested for it but it doesn't seem like it gets to her. What should I do?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 04:24 PM

You could rat her out, call the cops, she'd get fined and then maybe she'll stop.

You can call it quits, walk away, find someone older and more mature.

You can talk to her, and then be prepared to walk if she doesn't do what you want.

Really, there's not much you can do. You either accept it, even though it's wrong, or you walk away.

Good luck.
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2009, 04:33 PM

Sounds like she might be trying to deal with some stuff by using alcohol. Do you know why she started in the first place?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 04:37 PM

If she just told you she drinks and you didn't know about it ,how do you know she only drinks a little?Since you have never seen her drink?

If you cannot accept what she is doing you need to have a discussion about it.

Tell her your concerns and be open minded to her. Drinking beer is not that bad! Believe me it is really not a sin ,unless your religion prohibits it.

By the way,depending on how you *found out* ,I would make sure before I point any fingers.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 04:49 PM

Okay. I don't condone underage drinking but it does happen. I did it- I'm sure a lot of people have. However there is a difference between a 14 year old drinking and a 18 year old drinking.

Now that being said, if she's drinking a lot to party or loosen up then there is a problem. If it's occasional drinking then I don't see one.

If it bothers you that much then tell her and maybe you'll come to a compromise. If she fights for the booze then this is the relationship for you to be in.

Sarah

Apr 18, 2009, 08:28 PM
    Well she use to live with me and we just started dating a few weeks ago and she moved but were like a little less than a hour away. She told me over the phone and some stories about drinking with her friends and parents and she is 15 and she does it around people mostly all the time and she does it once so often. She said that she drinks 12 packs with her friends and there is around 5 people only or less so she drinks a few cans every time and she has had a bad past and she drinks when she thinks of that sometimes.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 09:18 PM

How old are you?

Why was she living with you at the age of 15?

Sounds like she didn't have a lot of supervision if she started at 12 and might have came from a broken home.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 09:51 PM

I believe that drinking is not wrong for underage drinkers as long as its in moderation. Some people do drink to get rid of their problems but they come back the next day when they wake up to a hang over =P so it never really goes away, its just a temporary relief. Talk to her about how you feel it and afterwards if nothing happens then maybe she isn't the right girl for you? Find someone that you would find more suitable. Good luck =P

- None12345
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    i believe that drinking is not wrong for underage drinkers as long as its in moderation. some people do drink to get rid of thier problems but they come back the next day when they wake up to a hang over =P so it never really goes away, its just a temporary relief. Talk to her about how you feel it and afterwards if nothing happens then maybe she isnt the right girl for you? Find someone that you would find more suitable. Good luck =P

- None12345

I agree with you noney as I sarted drinking when I was 17, but it was always in my parents presence and I was never allowed to have more than 1-2 drinks, It was good because I wasn't tempted to sneak out and drink without them knowing.

But 15 is far to young to be drinking a 12 pack of beer! The health implications alone are enough not to mention the emotional and behavioral complications.

I would also like to know why a 15 year old girl has moved out?
    jandtspencer Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2009, 05:21 AM

Drinking to get away from past problems is only a short fix and could lead to alcoholism and other drug abuse problems. You should try to talk to her if you are close and tell her this bothers you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 05:42 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...gf-328911.html

Your g/f needs some adult supervision and has a lot more problems than you are capable of handling at this time. You can't change her, and doubt you will be together a lot longer.

For one she is way to free to do to many things she shouldn't be, and has to many friends who are doing things that can lead to trouble.

Your trying to do the right thing, but your not having any luck with stopping her from getting into things she shouldn't, and have no authority to tell her anything and make it stick.

For these reasons, your up against a brick wall, and really need to let her live through the consequences of her actions, Without you being there to soften the blow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Rapid Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I weigh about 95kgs and want to lose 30kgs in about a month is this possible? I am planning on dieting and exercising on the Atkins diet and cardio workouts through out the day. Please give me your views, if it is safe or not, and if not please let me no a good way to lose weight. Thank...

Very rapid weight gain [ 3 Answers ]

I'm very concerned about something that's been going on for the past four years. All my teenage and adult life I've effortlessly weighed the same-between 115 and 120 pounds (I'm five feet, nine inches tall and used to model). I always exercise regurlarly and have a "normal" diet - balanced, but I...

97 Accord rapid clicking [ 1 Answers ]

OK about a month ago my car died, turns out the starter needed replaced. I got a new starter installed, and it worked great. Now this morning I get in my car after it sat all weekend without being started and when I turn the key there is just a rapid clicking noise. It doesn't sound like the same...

GFCI rapid popping [ 3 Answers ]

While using my hair dryer this morning, it lost power and the GFCI outlet on the circuit started making a repetitive popping noise. I unplugged the razor charger on the GFCI outlet as well as the hair dryer and electric toothbrush on the non-GFCI outlet. I pressed reset, then test, then reset. ...

View more questions Search