Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sniperblade9 Posts: 138, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Romance Spots In Rapid City
    I know most of you don't live in rapid city but I'm desperate... my girlfriend that I love so much and I want to have a very special first kiss in a romantic spot and well we are in South Dakota and thers not really any place I can think of at all that is romantic for us. She wants to be alone with me and it has to be in rapid city which is in South Dakota. I even Google searched romantic spots in rapid city and all that came up are hotel stuff. I'm only 16 and my girlfriend is turning 16 soon so we can't even get a room but can anyone give me ideas?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 08:48 PM

The Dances With Wolves movie set is pretty sweet! Take a picnic out to the set... eat where Kevin Costner worked...

Its all about the people, not the place, that make a moment romantic. Really. YOU make it romantic, not what you're doing!

Taking a picnic ANYWHERE is over the top romantic! Especially if there is chocolate, flowers, and candles in the basket! :)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 8, 2008, 04:37 PM

I'm 16, and I think for teens, a park at dusk/night is perfect.
    And as Historian said, a picnic is always a good idea :)

Good luck

Oct 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Sex, Condoms
    Well me and my girlfriend want to have sex sometime and well we are taking it slowly but I know that we both have urges and I want to make sure if we do we have a condom. I do know where to buy them and I have enough money but I'm 16 in South Dakota and I think I can buy them at my age but if I'm not tell me . Also I'm kind of nervous about buying them. Could I get arrested for this?

Oct 11, 2008, 01:10 PM

O and one more thing I forgot to mention. Do you have to have proof that your 16 because it says the law repealed 16 and I'm in 10th grade with a id of the school I go to
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 01:42 PM

Walmart, any drug store, most corner stores, You should never be scared to ask for them. You should be scared and ashamed not to.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2008, 01:46 PM

The age of consent is 16 in SD, so its legal to buy them. However if your girl is under 16, its illegal to have sex with her.

I understand you have urges, but there are ways to satisfy them without sexaual intercourse. No one should engage in sexual intercourse unless they are prepared to be a parent.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 01:58 PM

Have you discuss sex with your parents? Most clinics like planned parenthood offers sex education for teens, including boys. Sex is risky even when your using condoms. Condoms can break and if not put on properly it's useless. They also show you how to properly use a condom and how to use one that fits because it comes in different sizes. With sex not only can it result in a child but there are many diseases out there, some treatable some not.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 11, 2008, 10:32 PM

Do any stores near you have those self serve lines? If you don't no what those are, its where you scan your own groceries and such.
    That way you don't have to look at a cashier and be embarrassed. And you can't get in trouble for buying condoms. And why are you going to have sex over urges. Is there even any love involved? Don't just have sex to have sex, because if things go wrong she will be pregnant and you will have a child.
    skittles001 Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Oct 15, 2008, 06:33 PM

Many Clinics have them, as well as any drugstore. 16 would be the proper age. You Won't get arrested, and don't be ashamed, be proud that you are one of the few men who actually respect themselves and their girlfriends enough to use protection. But remember everything has consequences. Sex can lead to pregnancy, be prepared for these things. As well, if your girlfriend is not 16, by law it is illegal to have sex with her, but that sideIm sure if you both want to you will, regardeless of how people react to the idea. I just believe if you have your minds set on it, to be safe. And make sure you understand that the first time for a lot o women will hurt. Be respectful of this, and give her time. If you start and she changes her mind, don't get frusturated at her. Well be safe and be smart.

Oct 19, 2008, 02:13 PM
    My girlfriend and I
    OK we went on our first date like Friday and we got home a hour late and her parents got mad and said she was grounded till she is 16 and she is turning 15 in a few weeks... we just started dating and she lives like a hour and 20 min away and I don't know what to do. We want to go on another date and not when she is 16... help I don't know what to say because she is really mad
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 02:30 PM

With cell phones everywhere, why didn't she call her parents to let them know where she was and that she would be late?

And why WAS she late? (This sounds like very poor planning or losing track of time or lack of responsibility.)

Were you the driver?

She's only 14? I'm wondering why her parents allowed her out of the house on a DATE alone with a guy instead of in a group.

Has she dated others before you?

Oct 19, 2008, 02:36 PM

She is 14 almost 15 and I'm 16 this year and she went with her sis and 2 cousins and her brother. And well they droped us off at walmart and stuff and wel it was late and we forgot to call her cousin to pick us up because she was at her bfs house for a while and they came after like 30 min
    And then it took another 30 min to get to my house and another 30 min to get to her brothers house but we called and said we would be late and we got lost and lost track of time but you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 03:11 PM

But yeah...

She's 14. If I were her mother, I would ground her for the rest of her life.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 19, 2008, 09:02 PM

Haha parents say things... I wouldent worry too much about it. IF your really intrested do some things for the parents and earn their trust. Find some ways to lessen the sentence.

Oct 24, 2008, 01:52 PM
    My girlfriend and I
    My girlfriend and I are dating. I Am 16 and She is 15. We both can't drive and we are very upset that we live a hour away from each other. Yesterday she stayed at home because she felt sick because she missed me and what am I saposed to do about this?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 02:15 PM

Mass transit works very well in most major cities. It may not be cool or hip to ride the bus, but in today's economy it makes perfect sense. Especially since you do not drive.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 03:57 PM

I rode a bus an hour each way several times a week to visit my girlfriend for an entire summer. It was fun its own way.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 24, 2008, 05:32 PM

Yeah, mass transit would work. If you don't live in a major city, or don't have the means to get to each other, than I don't really know...

At 16/15, you won't like this, but I would say to break up. Sadly, living an hour away from each other at 15 years old is practically a long distance relationship, and they very rarely work out. Your young, so get out and date other (closer) people. I know it is hard to accept, but what else is there?

If your parents are willing to drive you, I guess that would work, but I doubt they would. Or, if you meet at some point half way, so it's only 30 minutes...

Just sounds like a whole lot of trouble. How long have you been dating? And how did you two begin to date, living so far away from each other?

Oct 30, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Well we are dating and she asked her mom and she was fine with it and her brother and fiancé are comeing here to shop and stuff so we will see each other then hopefully

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Rapid Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I weigh about 95kgs and want to lose 30kgs in about a month is this possible? I am planning on dieting and exercising on the Atkins diet and cardio workouts through out the day. Please give me your views, if it is safe or not, and if not please let me no a good way to lose weight. Thank...

Very rapid weight gain [ 3 Answers ]

I'm very concerned about something that's been going on for the past four years. All my teenage and adult life I've effortlessly weighed the same-between 115 and 120 pounds (I'm five feet, nine inches tall and used to model). I always exercise regurlarly and have a "normal" diet - balanced, but I...

97 Accord rapid clicking [ 1 Answers ]

OK about a month ago my car died, turns out the starter needed replaced. I got a new starter installed, and it worked great. Now this morning I get in my car after it sat all weekend without being started and when I turn the key there is just a rapid clicking noise. It doesn't sound like the same...

GFCI rapid popping [ 3 Answers ]

While using my hair dryer this morning, it lost power and the GFCI outlet on the circuit started making a repetitive popping noise. I unplugged the razor charger on the GFCI outlet as well as the hair dryer and electric toothbrush on the non-GFCI outlet. I pressed reset, then test, then reset. ...

View more questions Search