Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Oct 6, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Social Security Liens
    I am a mortgage broker for 30 years and since the recent crisis in the mortgage Industry, I am being asked many different question about SSI. The most recent I cannot answer and I have asked around and the lawyers I know cannot answer it. My client pleaded guilty with several other individuals and to a crime that involved restitution of 1.8 milliion dollars to the Federal Gov't. He paid them almost 400k out of his own pocket, but the others almost nothing. Now, he wants to claims SSI. His question to me. via a mortgage application where the SSI will be used as income, "Can the Feds take his SSI check each month and apply it to the restitution that is still outstanding? His attorney said no, but he is uncomfortable and wanted to see if I could answer it. I said because it was a Trust and the feds are administering it, they can not seize any part of it, like in the OJ case. Am I right or will he need to take precautions to protect it?

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Tax (F-1 on CPT) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am F-1 Student doing my CPT in NY, in my first salary slip social security tax has been deducted, I was wondering if am applicable for this tax. Also if would be great if some one would tell me which and all tax excempts are F-1 students applicable to, any links to prev post or external sites...

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

Social security tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am in OPT period for working? Should I be charge the social security tax? Or how can I take it back from Company? Thanks

Social Security or SSI [ 1 Answers ]

My son was getting SSI and then when his father retired he was switched from SSI to Social Security with Disability. I am confused, because I need to know does this mean that he is getting Social Security now or is it still SSI? Can he work while getting Social Security or getting SSI. One of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.