Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d1315401 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Piggyback a drill to grinder
    Can you attach a drill coupled to one side of a two stone bench grinder and electrically operate both at the same time to boost bench grinder torque for grinding heavier stock?
    I know that the drill is way lower rpm's, but slower grinder speed not problem; grinder boggs down. Sears 6 inch--1.2 amp-3800rpm refurbished by sears; bought at yard sale.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
    A 1.2 amp motor is not going to very much work.

No, I would not couple a drill motor to a bench grinder.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 06:53 PM

Definitely not. The drill is an immoveable object due to gearing.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 08:51 PM
    If your grinder isn't heavy enough for your projects, you bought the wrong grinder. Fit the tool to the application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I piggyback my corrupt harddisk? [ 3 Answers ]

My computer died and I get a disk read error message when I try to load it up, I have heard that it is possible to link it into a working PC and try to salvage data. How do I do this? Do I need specific cables?:confused

What kind of drill do I need to use to drill holes for 1 1/2" pvc plumbing. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm running 1 1/2" pvc for a basement bathroom vanity and a wet bar. Do I need to get a Forstner bit or is just a regular hole saw best for drilling my 2x6 wall studs? Also, is 2" the correct size, or should I go to 2 1/8" or 2 1/4".

Inline vent fan with grinder pump [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone every installed an in line vent fan to vent air to the outside for their plumbing system,especially if using a grinder pump...

View more questions Search