Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 6, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Who has better judgment?
    This is important. Who has the better judgment, McCain or Obama? When McCain announced his running mate, Obama supporters said he was insane or senile. They were proven wrong when Gov Palin showed her abilities to be at least as good as Joe Biden's.

Now it comes to light that Obama has had associations with some really unsavory characters in the not-too-distant past. These people were counted as his friends and advisors. Let's be kind and say that there was no evil here on Obama's part. What does it say about the JUDGMENT of a man who has political ambitions and chooses to associate with people like Wright, Rezko, and Ayres? Did he really think this would not be brought up? That's less than brilliant, don't you think?

So now those of you who trashed McCain for his judgment, will you now trash Obama for his?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 06:47 PM

None of them have what it takes to run this country. It is just a big Hollywood production designed to keep the monkeys entertained while the real actors steal the show.
    They all have associations with really unsavory characters in the not-too-distant past. Also, they have associations with some really unsavory characters in the here and now.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 6, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    They were proven wrong when Gov Palin showed her abilities to be at least as good as Joe Biden's.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 04:41 AM

Although I think it is a little late in the game ; McCain's team is now naming the names and associations of Obama to Ayers, Fannie, and Freddie on the stump bypassing the whitewash by the NY Slimes this past weekend and the MSM coverup .

Perhaps a momentum shift is happening as polls today are showing the contest tightening. McCain has got to keep pressing the issue . As we have seen ;all Obama has to counter is the tired old Keating 5 issue and a lot of garbage about erratic behavior.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Although I think it is a little late in the game ; McCain's team is now naming the names and associations of Obama to Ayers, Fannie, and Freddie on the stump bypassing the whitewash by the NY Slimes this past weekend and the MSM coverup .

Perhaps a momentum shift is happening as polls today are showing the contest tightening. McCain has got to keep pressing the issue . As we have seen ;all Obama has to counter is the tired old Keating 5 issue and alot of garbage about erratic behavior.
    Chew on this: msnbc.com Video Player
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 04:44 AM

Will watch later .Do not have video capability on the computer I'm working with .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
    and alot of garbage about erratic behavior.
    Hello tom:

Garbage?? Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

As we're melting down, he says, "The fundamentals of the economy are sound"?? We BOTH know exactly what he meant no matter how they spun it the next day.

But, that afternoon, he said "the economy is in a crisis"??

Then he said, I'm suspending my campaign to fix it. But, he neither suspended his campaign nor did he fix it.

What we NEED, (and we apparently agree), is a steady, calm and delibrative voice during these scary times. Kind of like Obamas...

Frankly, even the dufus in chief looks more presidential than does McCain.

Nope. McCaine is about as erratic as you get.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:57 AM

As we're melting down, he says, "The fundamentals of the economy are sound"?? We BOTH know exactly what he meant no matter how they spun it the next day.
    Here is the exact unedited quote :
    You know that there's been tremendous turmoil in our financial markets and Wall Street. And it is -- it's -- people are frightened by these events.

Our economy, I think, still, the fundamentals are -- of our economy are strong, but these are very, very difficult times. And I promise you, we will never put America in this position again. We will clean up Wall Street.

We will reform government. And this is a failure.
    We have got to take every action to build an environment of robust energy supplies, lower inflation, controlled health care costs, access to international markets, low taxes, and reduced burden of government to allow people to move forward toward a future of prosperity.

The McCain/Palin administration will replace the outdated patchwork quilt of regulatory oversight and bring transparency and accountability to Wall Street. We will bring transparency and accountability. And we will reform the regulatory bodies of government
    Did you not post yesterday about how unPresidential it is to panic in an economic crisis ? His "fundamentals "comment was in fact designed to shore up confidence when taken in context .

What I don't like is his continuing populist attacks on Wall Street while ignoring their enablers in Congress. If he wants to run as a maverick then they should not be spared. I would link Obama with Barney Franks and Chris Dodd.

I also think he made a mistake in voting for the bailout . He would've been better siding with Thad. McCotter in opposing the bill.

But my point is still correct. Obama's best defense against the Ayers thing would've been to admit an error in judgement in using the likes of radicals to advance his political career and to throw the whole lot of them under the bus.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 08:32 AM
    His "fundamentals "comment was in fact designed to shore up confidence when taken in context .
    Which time??

Oct 7, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Of all the news sources to quote!! Msnbc couldn't be more pro-Obama if they were on his payroll!

This thread is about judgment. I challenge the judgment of an American who votes for a man endorsed by Hamas. What are you thinking??
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Oh my God Gal - I need to watch more Fox News!

Oct 7, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Oh my God Gal - I need to watch more Fox News!
    I know you don't mean it, but yes you certainly should. Maybe you would get a clue!
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahah!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining a Judgment on a debt that has a prior Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Now I thought that you can't get another judgment on a debt if there is a prior judgment obtained back in July 2004 from Ohio. But the debtor moved to New York and they want to have an atty in New York place another judgment on the same debt. Don't they have to request an Exemplified Judgment...

Need to get rid of judgment [ 5 Answers ]

A judgement letter was served to me back in 2001. In the letter it stated a judgement was filed against me and I had to respond by a certain time or it would be filed. I wrote a letter to the courts that night and mailed it. I then didn't hear back. Assuming it was taken care of I went on with...

Possible judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a collection agency that has forwarded three private student loans to an attorney to move forward with judgment. The background on this is that I used a company to help me consolidate all my student loans about two years ago. I was under the impression that ALL of my loans, federal and...

Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have been threatened with a judgment from a bad credit card debt. I did try to work out a payment plan but they wanted to take it directly from my checking each month and I did not want them to have my account number. I wanted to send a cashier's check. I do not own my home and I am in...

Judgment Help [ 9 Answers ]

Ok so I had leased a car a over 10 years ago. I was reposessed and I had a judgement on me for 10 years The judgement was removed about 6 months ago. The company who filed that judgement went bankrupt and an Bankruptcy lawyer is trying to collect the money I had a letter left on my door demanding...

View more questions Search