Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranlas Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Pesky Files
    I have 3 Files that cannot be deleted - IadHide5.dll
    Perfib_Perfidata_5c8 and fla1.tmp
    Can anybody tell me what they are and how to get rid of them as they do not seem to to be doing anything good.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 08:39 PM

iadhide5.dll is a F-Secure Backweb Component from BackWeb belonging to BackWeb Autoupdater. This is used for the automatic updates of many applications.
    If you have backweb, you may want to keep this file

If you want to get rid of it, download unlocker and then right click on it after installed and choose unlock all and then try to delete it then
    Download Unlocker 1.8.7 Free Trial - Get rid of error message like Error deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it's being used by another person or program - Softpedia

Perfib_Perfidata_5c8 and fla1.tmp
    Are temp files that are created when using system and at times can not be deleted as they have info being used when you try to delete them, you can try and delete these is safe mode but will reappear when in windows, you can use unlocker also to try and delete these files
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 06:55 PM

Perfib_Perfidata files are going to created again, nothing you can do about that - there are only 16kb each

Iadhide5.dll is part of backweb if you use it as mentioned above
    Iadhide5.dll is a F-Secure Backweb Component from BackWeb belonging to BackWeb Autoupdater. This is used for the automatic updates of many applications.
    So this might be being used by other app also to check for updates

One way to remove this would be in safe mode

First you have to identify all instances of IadHide5 with all extensions by searching for IadHide5*.*

In my case there was also a .cab file, which apparently was unpacked at every login.

Start the computer in safe mode by continually hitting F8 during start up and run safe mode with command prompt.

You will then have to delete the files separately in DOS-mode by means of the command del.

If you do not have any dos experience, you may enter a help command.

Please note, that long file names are shortened in DOS to 8 characters and supplied with a tilde ~ as the seventh character and a sequence number.
    Depending on what software you have and set to check for auto updates, you could disable auto updates for your apps and check for them manually

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do with a pesky cat [ 3 Answers ]

I live in a mobile home and there are several cats around.There is one in particular that has made a hole in the siding larger and goes under the trailer. My dogs go berserk,we have our back yard fenced in,our dogs do not run loose at all. We put a small board over the hole to keep her out,and she...

Got another one of those pesky emails. [ 18 Answers ]

Would like comments on this, cites sources Subject: Taxes

Pesky crows [ 2 Answers ]

Dear People, how do I limit crows activity? They managed to scare all the other birds away and we no longer hear happy chirping... All answers are greatly appreciated. Helen

Pesky little fleas! [ 4 Answers ]

My poor baby has fleas, bad! We live in Texas and there is a HUGE flea problem. She had a visit with the vet today and he recommended Frontline (which they sold there at the office). I put it on her immediately when we got hime. She still seems to be itching but she has so much hair it's hard to...

How Do You Deal With Pesky 'Cold Callers'? [ 7 Answers ]

Found this on the net just had to share. The best way to get rid of pesky 'cold callers'. I’m Sorry, I Can’t Talk Right Now….I’m “Breastfeeding.” Who would have thought that breastfeeding would have so many advantages? And I’m not talking about the whole brain development thing. Yeah,...

View more questions Search