Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samir_raut88 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Animation for novice?
    I am a novice at this but it would be great if someone could tell me about any animation software that a novice could start using as an introduction. It would be great if the software comes with a guide (well, a helpful one).

Thanks again.
    Cheers to this community!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 26, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Are you looking for 2-D or 3-D animation?

May 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
    Hmm.. never thought about 2-d as a simpler animation to start with (or is it? ) . But, I was looking for a 3-d, though.
    Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 26, 2006, 11:02 AM
    I don't use animation software but like to shop :D

In searching third party reviews of 3-D animation software - for ones praised as being good for beginners - Xara
    Looks like one worth giving the trial version a try.

... don't rush out and buy it though; keep surfing for others with good reviews and pricing, and maybe a 3-D software user will pipe in on this thread, too.

May 30, 2006, 06:21 PM
    Hey thanks man.

I didn't notice the reply for a while but there you have it.yea, I'll try the Xara.
    Yea some 3-D software user is what I'm looking for around here.

Now that we are talking about animation, I had a quick question. I have basic concepts ONLY and lots of interest on database and animation. I have thought of doing something that combines the two. What kind of opportunities/possibilites are around with that kind of combination? Or am I just dreaming?

Thanks again for the tip man.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 01:41 AM
    Don't start with 3D animation! That's much harder. Then you have to start using maths as well in :S

My advice is to download a 30 day trial of Flash. It's interface is simple to get to grip with but the program is extremely powerful.

Examples of what you can do can be found at Newgrounds amongst others.

Some places for tutorials:
    FlashKit
    W3Schools Flash section
    Good ol' Google always works too

May 31, 2006, 08:46 PM
    thanks LTheobald. U know actually I wouldn't mind maths on animation but I guess to make it simpler flash is better huh. By the way, what kind of math does that involve, somewhat geometric or freaking differential equations or sth! Just curious.

Xara allows u 2 only play with texts and move it around. I dun see much happening with it, I guess I was expecting too much from a starter animation software. Hah.
    but thanks guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transparent Animation Over Desktop! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There! Can Anyone Tell Me How Can I Make A Small Animation TRANSPARENTLY Run Over My Desktop? EXAMPLE: "VIRTUA GIRL" No Box Around. No Background Just Opaque Object! Any EASY Software (No C++ Please) Or Any Other Similar Utility? Thank You!

Animation [ 1 Answers ]

I have an idea for an animation, I need to know how to write it in "animation language". Is there a special fomat that is used for animation script writing?

Novice questions... [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, thanks much for your input. While I'mhere I have a few other questions. 1)how high should outlets be roughed in off an unfinished floor? 2)switches? Does code dictate how many outlets I can have on my 15 amp outlet circuit for my attic conversion? I want 12. They obviously...

A timing belt question(novice please help) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to buy a 93 civic from a big dealer and now the mechanis are doing the safety checking. I asked them to check the timing belt, I wonder if they can find out if timing belt has been changed by last owner. And I checked the history of the car It has been done for lots of vehicle...

Computer animation [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to know what art school in the U.S.A is the best and can give the best for your money for computer animation college education. I'm an aspiring animator, and wish to know the best school to attend to realise this dream. I hope to hear yo' response soon.

View more questions Search