Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajavelan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Stock market
    Hello Everybody,

I am not new to stock market... But, I am new when it comes to execute it... This is the first time, I planned to invest money...
    I have several questions.. Please answer if you knew.

I am Indian citizen living in USA Temporarily.
    1.Is it broker or banks through which I can buy what I want?( Stocks, Bonds, ETF)
    2.If I can Buy via only though stock broker ( i.e. online) ,which broker do you think is best one when taking expenses and quality and services into consideration?
    3.If I can Buy through Bank only, Which one will you recommend me?
    3.Can we Bypass both brokers or banks4.Can you please help me out?
    To buy what I want (ie,without them)?If yes, How is it?

Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2008, 11:35 AM

1. You need to buy stocks through a broker. Some banks have a brokerage subsidiary.

2. There are many good ones, depending on the level of service; Schwab, Ameritrade, TD Waterhouse and many others should be given consideration.

3. The only ones who can trade stock are people who have purchased a seat in the market. You have to buy and sell through such a brokerage.
    rajavelan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Thanks scott..

1.What do you suggest me ? Either online brokers or banks?

2.Can I buy( not usa citizen) whatever I want? Or, do I have to register anything lwith govt?

Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2008, 11:43 AM

1. I suggest you do your homework and check out several brokers. You need to decide what services they offer that you want.

2. You can buy anything your broker sells. They will handle any tax reporting.
    SWY0104 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 01:31 PM

Sometimes you can buy certain investments in stocks "directly", without a broker and you can buy certain mutual funds without a broker, too. (such as Fidelity Funds, Vanguard Funds).

Brokers are generally the best route to stock and bond investments. I would suggest that you find a LIVE one not an online one in the area where you currently live to assist you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stock Market [ 4 Answers ]

If there is a ten thousand dollar investment and a stock goes from $65 per share to say $70 per share, how much was approximately made?

Confused about Stock Market [ 8 Answers ]

There's something about the stock market I don't understand. Take Howard Stern, when he went to Sirius Satellite Radio a few years back, Sirius made him a deal. If he could bring at least 10% of his regular radio fans to Sirius they'll give him stock options. He was able to bring a little bit...

Stock Market Trader [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 33 years old individual online-stocks trader. I love my profession and want it to become my life time career. What do I need to make this going good?

View more questions Search