Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drgnmztr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2004, 02:34 AM
    Eviction vs Late Fees
    Just wondering real quick if a landlord in the state of Ca can evict a tenant due to unpaid late fees even though rent itself has been paid?
    Or rather, can a landlord apply money given for rent, towards late fees, and then evict a tenant because all the rent has not been paid?

Thanks in advance if anyone decides to answer this..
    cgmaetc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2005, 07:37 PM
    visit this site
    http://www.dca.ca.gov/legal/landlordbook/

They have loads of documents that can explain landlord-tenant rights

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Late fees [ 7 Answers ]

I live in a small town in California and recently sent in my payment for utilities (water, garbage and sewer). The bill was due on the 9th and I mailed it on the 6th. I just got a bill in the mail for $25 stating that I paid late. The total of the original bill was $65. Is it legal to charge...

Fees [ 2 Answers ]

Can the opposing attorney charge interest on money awarded on court costs? In California thanks

Non-resident fees [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.  I am a student and an aspiring seasoned traveler.  The only problem?  I cannot afford to pay non-resident fees every time I want to move out of a state. Any suggestions on how to get around this?  Financial aide I can apply for?  If not, become a resident? Please help!! Thank you for your...

View more questions Search