Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebeccayujp Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2006, 01:48 AM
    I don't Know what it is
    I had my stomachache this morning. It came very sudden. This time seems with some reason but it may sound funny. I wore a jean for work today and because it shrinks and I gain some weight recently, I felt very tight and uncomfortable. I was in a hurry and lazy to change to another one, so I just jumped on the car and headed to work. Only after few minutes, I felt very sick and stomachache. I tried to unzip my jean but my pain was still there and drove me crazy. After I arrived to the office, I went to the bathroom and took off my jeans. I felt vomiting strongly but didn't really vomit. My stomachache was extremely painful and I could only bend my body and knee down on the floor. I was sweating a lot. It took me about one hour to stand up and asked someone to send me home to have a rest.

This is my third time to have this. The very first time, if I remember right, is about 5 years ago, then 3 years ago, and then today. All three times experiences are very similar. The first two times happened during the midnight and I couldn't think of any reasons for it. I didn't eat anything wrong and I felt totally fine before I went to bed. I slept very sound until I was waken by a sudden pain from my stomach( Be honest, I am not sure if it's my stomach,it's around that area, 3 fingers above and below the bellybutton). Then first reaction I could have was to go to the bath room. Then I felt extremely painful and could only bend my body and curl my body. I also felt vomiting during the pain, but never really vomited. After about an hour and the pain was gone, I went back and slept till next morning. Like nothing happened, I was totally fine later.

The frequency is rare and I have consulted with the doctor when I am fine. The doctor said she couldn't see anything wrong with me at that time and it's better to have further check when it comes. However, every time it comes for about an hour and after that, I am totally fine and become normal again. I do worry but don't know what to do and what kind of check I should have. However, every time when it comes, I feel quite the same and extremely painful. I just finished my normal health check and it shows normal. It's just basic one for my working visa. So I am very confused now. Please give my some advice. Thanks

Rebecca Yu
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 01:52 AM
    Do they come at any specific time of the month?
    During ovualtion?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 04:00 AM
    Hi,
    You said "doctor". Can you see a Gastroenterologist? He/she is a stomach, intestines, Doctor. They can do scopes of the throat and stomach, and give you a much better opinion that a normal Doctor (if yours hasn't alread done this).
    I would suggest seeing another doctor, specifically the Gastroenterologist. If this stomach ache has happened before, there is something wrong; hopefully nothing serious.
    I do wish you the best.
    hvezda Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 05:32 PM
    I would go to the doctor and have pancreas checked, pancreas hurts around belly button, you feel like vomiting, sweaty, feverish and if you curl up it hurts less, it's worst laying down.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2006, 06:20 PM
    I sometimes have this happen to me too. Sometime certain foods effect this and sometimes not.

You need to consult your doc and ask about IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). This is a possibility.

I am wondering if this may have something to do with stress?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search