Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 25, 2006, 10:25 PM
    Biological grandparent
    I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was born in 1962 and hasn't made any attempt to find her mother. I am asking because I would love to know if twins run in my bio family... I am currently preggy with fraternal twins and it's said that they run through the mothers family. For this same reason I am trying to find my bio father whom I have never met. I have read that it can be passed from father to daughter, the genetic disposition for twinning. His name is Mike Webber he's ten years older than my mother so that would put him around 54yrs of age. My grandfather ran him off and I can see why. I don't even know if he knows about me or not and I would like to know who he is. He was living in Eugene, Or when my mother conceived me at the age of 14. She was barely 15 when I was born. Unfortunately this is all the info that I have on either of them. My Mothers name on her original birth cert. is Brenda Kimble. I don't know if anyone can help me or not... I'm looking for a starting point to search with a very limited information base to go off. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 26, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Searching is easy and there are many sources to try... but deciding how you'll talk to people needs to be thought about first.

Some of the places I start when looking for people:

Directories:

www.411.com
    www.superpages.com
    www.smartpages.com

There are also mega search sites like Internet Oracle:
    http://www.internetoracle.com/find.htm

I find no directory listings for Kimble in Newport, OR, but do find 5 Kimbles in the surrounding area:
    http://www.411.com/10668/log_feature...02734155779681

Call them to let them know you're trying to reach a Virginia Kimble and ask them if they know her. Be prepared, though, for when someone asks you why you're looking for her.

Social Security Death Index:

Social Security Death Index (SSDI)... I see several Virginia Kimble's but none with OR info... but with this info, you can Google for obits - which usually have info about them that helps you ID whether it's who you are looking for or not.

There are 17 Virginia Kimbles in the SSDI; a few of whom were born in the range that fits your grandmother's likely birth year.

Genealogy Message Boards

The two biggest ones are Ancestry.com and Genealogy.com. You can search them and post in them for free.

... hope this at least gives you some things to start with...
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 26, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Thank you so much rick. I now have a place to start.
    steviebeezie Posts: 66, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Birth and Death records are freely available to the public in most states (so long as the person in question is deceased.) If your grandparents are still alive, a bit more work will be necessary.
    cfauris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virgina Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as i've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was born in 1962 and hasn't made any attempt to find her mother. I am asking because I would love to know if twins run in my bio family... I am currently preggy with fraternal twins and it's said that they run through the mothers family. For this same reason i am trying to find my bio father whom I have never met. I have read that it can be passed from father to daughter, the genetic disposition for twinning. His name is Mike Webber he's ten years older than my mother so that would put him around 54yrs of age. My grandfather ran him off and I can see why. I don't even know if he knows about me or not and I would like to know who he is. He was living in Eugene, Or when my mother concieved me at the age of 14. She was barely 15 when I was born. Unfortunately this is all the info that I have on either of them. My Mothers name on her original birth cert. is Brenda Kimble. I don't know if anyone can help me or not.... I'm looking for a starting point to search with a very limited information base to go off of. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.
    Well, I was just googleing my moms name and this is what I got. My mothers name is virginia kimble but she got her name from her grandma who now resides in Louisiana and don't know too much about that side of fam. My aunts are twins and twins do run in the family. My great grandma just turned something like 96 or 98 years old. My grandpa is her son whose name is wilson kimble. My grandpa was raised in mexico and lived there most of his childhood. He now lives in Ca. Just thought I can help out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find my biological mother [ 6 Answers ]

My name is Claus Hanke living in Denmark. My adopted son Thomas (born March 15, 1968) wants to find his biological parents, prefarably his biological mother. He has given me the authority to conduct this search. From his early childhood he has known, that he was adopted. Thomas is doing well in...

Stepmother and Biological Dad's Will [ 3 Answers ]

My dad died recently and I know he had a will. I have heard that my step mother is not going to probate his will. And if she doesn't, I have no way of knowing what was in the will and if my name along with my two brother's names are mentioned and if dad left anything to us at all. My question...

Grandparent Rights [ 8 Answers ]

I mistakenly posted this in the wrong section. Do grandparents have any legal ability to petition for visitation rights with their grandbaby if the baby's parents are married to each other and agree they do not want grandparents having access to the child?

Grandparent Rights [ 1 Answers ]

Do grandparents have any legal right to petition for visitation rights if both parents of the baby are married to each other and do not wish a grandparent to have access to the baby?

Trying to find Birth Record of Father in France and Death Certificates of Grandparent [ 2 Answers ]

My father was born in Marseilles, France in 1911. He came to America in the 1930's. He received word his father, mother, sister and brother were killed During a bombing in World War II. They lived in Alsace Lorraine. My father Tried for two years to find any information on their deaths, but...

View more questions Search