Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Oct 5, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Am I fooling myself?
    I sent a text to my ex boyfriend who claimed he wouldn't mind being friends. I saw him at his work and he said hello. Then he went into the back office without saying bye or anything. Eventually I left and sent him a good bye text ( no response). I got mad at him and told him he makes things awkward for no reason and that I could not deal with this. On Friday night I sent him a text apologizing for my actions. He said, " I don't have time to play games. I'll call you when I'll call you. Chill out." I told him, "I am not playing games. Please don't tell me to chill out." He sent nothing back. I sent him a text tonight (Sunday) stating "I miss you". I got no response. Am I just fooling myself here? Is he no longer interested?

By the way, we spent time together last weekend and had a good time.
    MsJulia Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Oct 5, 2008, 08:50 PM

He's a jerk. Don't text him anymore!

I suggest checking out the book "He's Just Not That Into You".

Really good book and good advice! It helped me.

Oct 5, 2008, 09:00 PM

I read many excerpts from that book and I am having a hard time believing that the book applies. When he sees me he says hello and I have WATCHED him look at me and then when he notices I see him look off. When we spent our time together he even admitted that he liked looking at me. Do these same rules apply?
    MsJulia Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Oct 5, 2008, 09:03 PM

All I'm saying is that if he REALLY wanted to be with you, then he would be with you. Bottum line. He wouldn't push you away like this, especially when he knows you're hurting and that you miss him.

He can sweet talk you as much as he wants, but actions speak louder than words, in my opinion.

Oct 5, 2008, 09:06 PM

True. I bet I am just feeding into his ego by doing this. Stupid me... I need a hobby and maybe this wouldn't be an issue. I always fall for the heartless jerks. I just thought when I came back he would have been interested in me. Especially since I live in a great place that would intrigue him. I guess I was wrong.
    Peanutsdiamonds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:10 PM

Try to give him a couple of weeks - guys sometimes will give you the "off" treatment while they ponder what the right response should be.

I know its hard when you love and miss someone - and we want them to answer us back right then and there - we are all different and we handle things in different ways. Give him a little time - and by the way - apologies are always good if you think you did something to hurt - been in that spot myself.

Good luck and keep the faith.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmExp View Post
    True. I bet I am just feeding into his ego by doing this. Stupid me...I need a hobby and maybe this wouldn't be an issue. I always fall for the heartless jerks. I just thought when I came back he would have been interested in me. Especially since I live in a great place that would intrigue him. I guess I was wrong.
    Now that you know, try not to forget that every time his mouth opens. His words + your wishes haven't panned out to anything so far, so why would it tomorrow?

Start your next chapter and delete his number from your phone... no more texts!

Oct 5, 2008, 09:12 PM

Thanks. Well I tried to apologize but when he came back with that little text stating, "I dont have time to play games. I'll call you when I call." I was just surprised.

Oct 5, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Yeah, I officially deleted his contact information tonight. I say I am going to move on, but I hope I really can this time. I think I just have a low opinion of myself therefore I allow this garbage...
    Peanutsdiamonds Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:15 PM
    I know - he probably regrets his quick knee jerk response - just like you felt bad about yours. Just give yourself a little bit of time - and he needs it too. Don't keep texting him because it only upsets you when he doesn't respond right back.

Oct 5, 2008, 09:22 PM

I am dealing with narcissistic individual. He is not your typical "sane" person. He has a past of being a MAJOR player and involved with a very violent past. He still battles with substance abuse even though he claims he is clean. THAT IS NOT TRUE. I am wondering if he is avoiding me because he is embarrassed that he has gone back to the old lifestyle? He even admitted he was hesitant to call me the night he did because of it...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 05:19 AM

You acted like a girlfriend when you kept texting him, you are jumping right back into being possessive with texting him all the time and getting mad if he doesn't say goodbye? Come on, grow up and just accept that it's over
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 06:29 AM

You should be so ready to move beyond your past, and get with your future by focusing on some better decisions in the present.

Oct 6, 2008, 08:28 AM

I am not being possesive what so ever... I did not say, "Where are you?", "Who are you with?", or "Why haven't you called me?" I think your response was rude ROMEFALLS! What happened to you? You used to be very gentle with your comments... Anyway, I think I had the right to text him what I was thinking at the time. It was not anything rude, nasty, or even crazy. If you miss someone then you miss them. How does that equate to childish behavior? I understand that the relationship is over, but it is hard for me accept. I will get over it because for 7 months I was angry and had NC! I am sure I can do it again. Oh and by the way, I realize this is a help forum and sometimes the truth hurts, but let's not be down right rude. I am asking for HELP. I am not asking for name calling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 08:39 AM

You were trying to seduce him, for whatever reasons.

Oct 6, 2008, 08:42 AM

I hardly think that telling someone you miss this is an act of seduction... Where did you get seduction from??
    MissMax143 Posts: 37, Reputation: 6

I have problems letting go myself and it sounds like to me, you don’t want to let go!
    I know it hurts and you can’t understand why…and just keep saying why why why…this is simple, he does this to you cause he can, you allow it, he won’t tell you to leave him alone.. he will throw you a bone here and there to keep around for when he is in the mood to hang out! I think your wasting your time and he don’t deserve such a beautiful person chasing him around…stop calling him I bet he will be up you butt!! Then you can tell him to beat it, he had his chance 
    Stay strong
    Missmax
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

You got mad over him not saying goodbye and then texted him with another text saying he was making it awkward and that YOU couldn't deal with it. Then even after he said he will call when he is ready, you replied twice.

I did not name call, I simply stated you were acting possessive which you were with texting him even after he told you that he would call when he's ready. It my opinion you are pushing for a relationship from someone who just wanted a friendship

Oct 6, 2008, 08:56 AM

Ok, mad may not have been the right word but I was disappointed because he made the time to say hello, he could have made the time to day goodbye. I saw it from a friend example. I wouldn't want any of my friends to treat me that way either... Last time I check the definition of possessive in this context is wanting to "control or dominate". I don't want to control or dominate anyone. I replied because I was not playing games and I wanted him to know that and also him telling me to chill out is not cool with me either. The ball shouldn't have to be in his court... who is he to decide that? NO ONE.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Oct 6, 2008, 09:05 AM

He can only dissapoint you when/if you expect something from him. Being friends with him involves expectations and dissapointment. The only way to avoid feeling like this is to not have a relationship with him whatsoever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She's fooling on me or its real? [ 7 Answers ]

Okie... this goes like... me and her are engineering classmates.. share a same group... I started feeling for her when I had gone awat for a presentation for like a week... I felt for her then... later when I rejoined them... we closely communicated and THAT feeling started growing up... it was in...

View more questions Search