Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnnykunkel Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Honeywell Thermostat Install
    After an answer on this site I purchased a new thermostat today capable of central heat/cool and also for a heat pump. It is the Honeywell RTH6400. I currently have a White Rodgers (9510E7) rectangular thermostat. I am still having problems figuring which wires go where.

Currently there are 8 wires coming out of the wall
    Blue- not connected to anything
    Black- not connected to anything
    Red- R
    Brown- C
    Yellow- Y
    White- W2
    Green-G
    Pink- O

The new thermostat only has room for 5 wires (6 counting the "NOT USED" outlet). The outlets are:
    G
    W O/B
    NOT USED
    Y
    R
    Rc
    *Jumper wire between Rh and Rc.

Some are obvious:
    G-G
    Y-Y
    R-R
    Rc-None
    The instruction manual says not to connect C, just wrap with electric tape.

But I am left with O and W2. The instructions say to connect O to the W O/B outlet. If this is the case, then where do I connect the W2 wire? And if I were to connect eh W2 wire to the W O/B, then where do I connect the O wire.

Please help! Thanks in advance.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 08:25 PM
    See your other post
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Oct 5, 2008, 08:26 PM

I thought this looked familiar HAHA!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Yep

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install of a Honeywell RTH221 Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced a White Rodgers thermostat with a Honeywell RTH221. When I removed the wires there was only a white, green, red and brown. I am assuming the brown is suppose to be the yellow wire. I hook up the wires and all that I am getting when I turn on the air conditioning is hot air and the...

How do I install a new Honeywell RTH230B from Honeywell T8195B [ 1 Answers ]

Good evening. Our old thermostat was model T8195B which came with wires C,Y,W,R & G. has no rererence as to where they hook up. The new one RTH230B doesn't say where these wires go. I've removed the Rc/Rh jumper according the instruction manual. Nothing went on at all. What can I go Thank...

Install Honeywell RTH230B, Removing Honeywell Q674L [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing a old (1987) Honeywell Mercury THermostat Q472L Base that has W, R, Y, G, B, O. The RTH230B has Rc (which I assume to be B), Rh (which I assume to be R), Y (to Y), W(to W), G (to G). I have no idea what to do with the O (which I read could be the Changeover. Do I just tape it up...

Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D Chronotherm IV Plus I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Have noticed at times that the LCD on...

View more questions Search