Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Oct 5, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Fire Dreams
    After reading the other dream question it brought to mind a dream I used to have. I'll make it short. All the dreams I had was in my childhood home and the ceilings were on fire. What is the significance of fire in a dream. P
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2008, 07:48 PM

Ceiling has to ds with your mind/ntellect and fire is usually something good like purging.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Oct 7, 2008, 02:28 PM

"All the world is fire and change."
    --Heraclitus

Fire is the transforming power. It is light, warmth, the burning bush and the tongues of flame. It is also destructive, it burns down houses and forests and whole cities (especially when we foolish violent humans give it a helping hand with our bombs).

I used to have dreams about our house being on fire as a child, but I think it was mainly that my mother is something of a worry wort, and she infected me with some of her fears. I also used to dream about scary hippies who wanted to kidnap me. ;)

Whether your childhood dreams were merely that sort--after all the warnings and fire drills and what not we give kids, maybe you were only processing those fears and anxieties--only you can say. Was the fire destroying the house? Were you afraid of it? Or was something else going on? If it was not a scary dream, then maybe N0help4u's more archetypal suggestion is correct. Something transformative, and centered in the "attic" or upper level of your being.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know about DREAMS? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't know what to post this under, so I hope I posted it under the most appropriate subject. Normally I wouldn't ask a question like this (due to having a lot of crazy dreams that I'm OK with) Last night I had a dream that I woke up in my pajamas, that a monstrous poisonous dark colored...

Dreams ! [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys believe that God can speak to you through dreams..

DOG dreams [ 1 Answers ]

I have a year old dachsund. Sometimes when she sleeps. She would start crying and whimpering. And I can't figure out why. She just starts crying in the middle of the night. Why?

Guy of my dreams [ 4 Answers ]

OK so a guy lives across the street from me. And he has lived there for almost 13 years. And now he is going to be a senior and I'm going to be a sophomore. Here's the thing, we talk somethimes when we run into each other but he is just perfect for me. I have liked him since I was... 3 years old...

View more questions Search