Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mark22b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Parent page closes
    I am having a problem that just started and cannot figure this one out. I will click a link that opens in a new window and this works fine. However, from there I am having major problems. If I close the new window, the original page closes and the new page that I have tried to close turns into a blank page. Also, if I try to close the original page, it turns the new page to a blank page as well. Any thoughts?:confused:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 03:42 PM

Setting defaults should resolve

Tools, internet option, advanced, reset defaults
    mark22b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:42 PM
    That was actually the first thing I tried when it started. No luck with that. Any other suggestions?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 11:14 PM

It's going to be an addon that is loaded

Tools, manage addons

Look for this and disable
    TSWLObj Class tsweblock.dll

IF not this one it is going to be a trial and error type of thing
    -you can go one by one and disable then check to see if that is the problem addon and/or look for addons that you know you may not use or need and disable and try again

But do the first one listed above first to see if that is it and of course you can always enable something after you disable if one you disable is not the culprit

Hope this makes sense, post back, curious to find out which addon is doing this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE 7.0 closes automatically without warning [ 2 Answers ]

Of late while using IE, I find that suddenly without any warning, the browser window closes. I have WIN-XP, Professional installed. I have an anti-virus continuosly running & monitoring. No virus were found. The Registry is also being checked by Registry mechanic. Kindly advice remdial actions,...

Window closes automatically [ 3 Answers ]

What causes a window to close automatically when you are using the Internet?

Huge Word Doc Too Many Page Sizes - Unable to Change Page Setup [ 8 Answers ]

Windows Vista Microsoft Word 2003 SP3 I've a 298 page word doc which was created by: a) scanned into a PDF document b) using Abbyy FineReader Optical Character Recognition OCR software I turned it into a Word Doc Now, the problem is that while the majority of the Word Doc has paper set to...

Flapper closes to soon [ 4 Answers ]

I have a low flush toilet that has a problem. When you flush it instead of pushing the handle down and walking away you have to stand there and wait for the water to drain. I took the tank top off and looked in side. This is the kind of toilet that has the floater that is a cylinder on the input...

View more questions Search