Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 03:55 PM
    What's up with all the TV deaths?
    This is more of a comment than a question. I don't know about everyone else, but this year I'm really sick of all the deaths of major characters in the season finales. I mean, practically every finale I watched had death or the possibility of death... CSI (both Vegas and Miami), Lost, Law and Order, ER, The OC, Grey's Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer... etc, etc. Whatever happened to characters moving away, having a baby, getting a job at a different hospital or whatever? :p Why all the morbidity? More exciting I guess? It's kind of sad, because it indicates that shows have to be more and more shocking to be popular.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 25, 2006, 08:20 PM
    I agree, it's sad that it may have come down to shock value. I don't mind so much but I have to admit, I was a little sad about the Grey's anatomy death. I think it's different if the show was kind of leading up to it for a while, but suddenly, that's different.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 08:25 PM
    Yeah I wasn't happy with the Grey's Anatomy death, either. First of all, having a husband who's a doctor and also having had open heart surgery myself a few years back, the whole thing wasn't very realistic, either. But that's besides the point... it WAS very sad, I felt so sorry for her. :( I also thought it was heartless to kill Marissa off The OC... I mean, she was leaving to work on her Dad's boat for a year! Why couldn't they have left it at that? And the death on Ghost Whisperer was dumb, too... is she now going to be Melinda's ghostly sidekick? Errr... haha. Anyway I guess I'm just doing what the producers of these shows WANT me to do... talk about the season finales! :p

May 25, 2006, 08:32 PM
    LOL... yup it would be talked about if it were good or bad.

I didn't mind the whold Marissa thing, I was sick of her a while ago, but I see your point why couldn't they have written her off to go to her dad's.

I don't know anything about the medical profession but Grey's Anatomy was real enough for me. I love that show and boy was I glad my husband wasn't here to see me react to that finale. LOL

The Ghost Whisperer I thought wasn't too bad, but there aren't a lot of main characters and they are already killing them off. That would be so corny to have a ghost side-kick. It was a surprise though.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Chava,

Who was killed in the ER season finale?

May 25, 2006, 08:45 PM
    I'm not Chava but I can tell you that it was Gallant, the doctor in the war, married to Nila. They did leave other options open too.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Well, no one was actually killed in the final episode of ER, but there was a hint of death for several people... Kovach was paralyzed and possibly choking to death, his pregnant girlfriend injured and possibly dying, that orderly guy (sorry I don't remember names haha) badly shot and maybe dead, the nurse and her son kidnapped at gunpoint... so lots of possible death there. And certainly lots of gratuitous violence!

OH and another show where someone died was Close to Home... the main character's husband. And apparently someone died in Desperate Housewives too, although I never watch that.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    I'm not Chava but I can tell you that it was Gallant, the doctor in the war, married to Nila. They did leave other options open too.
    He didn't die in the finale though, his funeral was held, but he died in a previous episode.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Well and to be accurate, no one was actually killed in the final episode of ER, but there was a hint of death for several people... Kovach was paralyzed and possibly choking to death, his pregnant girlfriend injured and possibly dying, that orderly guy (sorry I don't remember names haha) badly shot and maybe dead, the nurse and her son kidnapped at gunpoint... so lots of possible death there.
    Yeah. My guess is they won't kill any of them and make them all live to see another day...

Thanks to the both of you for answering!
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
    Hmmm... well I would be happy if they don't kill anyone, very happy. But I'm not sure. They've killed off so many previous characters, like Dr. Green and Dr. Romano, for example. It's kind of getting to be a trend with ER.

On a side note, my husband just walked by and said he wishes his job at the hospital was as exciting as portrayed in ER, and as sex-filled as portrayed in Grey's Anatomy! :p
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Lol

Yeah, but after 12 season of ER, all of the original characters have left, so sometimes killing them makes for better TV.

And I agree with your husband, TV always makes the most mundane jobs seem so much more exciting!

May 25, 2006, 09:41 PM
    Sorry about that captainforest. My mistake about Gallant. The weeks are blurring together.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 09:43 PM
    It's cool.

Sometimes episodes blend together for me too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search