Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmuf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Rheem furnace wiring
    Have a 8 year old Rheem furnace , should the wiring to the thermostat mimick the wiring to the furnace controls? The a/c works but when I turn on the heat the inducer motor turns on (recently replaced , but it does not cycle or ignite.
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Oct 5, 2008, 10:03 AM

When the unducer fan motor turns on do your hear the pressure switch click? The pressure switch will be connected to the inducer motor by a rubber hose
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Oct 5, 2008, 11:07 AM

You may not necessarily hear the pressure switch 'click'. Some are louder than others. One thing to keep in mind about pressure switches is that unlike other switches, if they fail in the closed position the furnace sense it on a call for heat and will not ignite. This is a safety feature built into the circuit board.

Does the igniter glow? These hot surface igniters are very fragile and even a hairline crack and it is useless. Do you hear the gas valve open?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem A/C wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Need wiring diagram for Rheem model#EABA-F036SA

Rheem furnace has no heat. [ 1 Answers ]

:cool: hi,out there.bob,here in cheyenne,Wyoming.it's christmas day and we have no heat.we have a rheem criterion 2 gas furnace it doesn't have a pilot light .the furnace turns on and the fan blows,but only blows cold air even with thermostat set on heat.can someone out there help us?thanks MERRY...

Rth230 rheem furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with the wiring of this stat. I have the rc and rh jumped and connected to are on the furnace and w to w, y to y, g to g. I have the out door unit connected to why and c. Here is the problem when set to cool after delay furnace kicks on and so does condensing unit but after...

Wiring Rheem motor [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new replacement motor and capacitor for my Rheem RPKA-043JAZ 3.5 ton outside unit. My question is about he wiring. My old motor had 3 wires - orange, brown and black. This motor has five wires. Do I need to hook up the other two wire - purple and yellow? The motor is an Emerson...

Rheem 90 plus furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Installed in 2004. Just before the fan comes on the furnace bangs/clunks - sound like someone hitting pipes with a wrench. We have had trouble with ignition. Could this be related? If not, any answers?

View more questions Search