Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmartin84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Connecting laptop to TV Samsung lcd
    When I try to connect my packard bell easy note laptop to my Samsung 40inch lcd using vga cable in PC mode the TV just switches itself off.the laptop isn't the greatest but runs on xp and I would have thought it is capable of what I am asking it to do.do I need to change the settings on my laptop or TV and if so could you direct me.

Many thanks to anyone that could help me
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 09:21 AM

You'll have to tell your laptop to send the signal out the cable you attached. It doesn't happen automatically.

My laptop has a couple of special keys to do this. One is the blue Fn key. The other is F4, which has a blue icon on it showing a computer screen.

If I hold my Fn key down and tap F4, the image on my screen switches to the cable. I tap again to switch back.

So, look for those special keys on your keyboard. Connect your cable to the TV. Make sure the TV is switched to the input for the computer cable, then tap those special keys on your laptop.
    jmartin84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Thanks for your reply,but unfortunately it didn't work.still a blank screen
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 10:48 AM

When you press the special keys to send the picture out your cable, does your laptop screen go blank?

Of not, there is a chance your laptop can't actually use that port.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Connecting VAIO laptop to external Samsung LCD TV [ 5 Answers ]

I have connected my VAIO VGN-TX770P laptop to Samsung LCD TV using a 15-pin SVGA cable. The TV fails to recognize PC input. I found updates to Intel chipset drivers and VGA events service utilities and installed both of them, but no success. I have found no BIOS update. Samsung support tells me...

Need audio drivers for the Samsung x05 Laptop [ 1 Answers ]

hi to all, I have Samsung x05 laptop, recently I formated harddisk and installed windowsxp. Now the audio drivers are not taking send me the link for audio drivers as soon as posible laptop model is Samsung x 05. thanking you yours narayana

Connecting my sony vaio ar11m to my Samsung lcd [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can I use a HDMI cable between the two to get a connection ? Because it doesn't seem to be trsansfering over the image Thanks

View more questions Search