Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rbigfatty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Price adjustments
    When most industries adjust to offer low priced products and offer low wages, some industries that produce pricey products find their market demand dwindling and their bottom-line shrinking.

Is this true?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Yes.

For example, if during a recession, society's collective disposal income goes down.

Therefore, if one company lowers their prices, society will buy their products.

The expensive company who hasn't lowered their products have therefore in fact become more expensive since they have not adjusted their prices.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2006, 05:50 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with the previous answer... "yes", it's true.
    In todays' America, many, many families find themselves with both partners working full-time, just to make ends meet.
    Some of these married partners actually work 2 jobs, with one working 1 full-time job.
    Money is tight in many households; as well as households with only 1 parent with a child or children. They are going to shop for the lowest prices they can find.
    The more expensive products are usually bought by those with more money. Since some of the products are now only affordable by maybe 10% of the whole population, their selling will drop, with the majority of Americans looking for "better buys". Hence, Walmart's success.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business Tax - Tax to Book adjustments [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My C Corp company is completing the 1120 and I am working on the book to tax differences, specifically the unpaid accrual 75 days after year end. My accountant has recorded a few activities to the accrual ledger accounts which I believe should NOT be considered as a tax adjustment. ...

Nikki carb adjustments [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to adjust a Nikki carb on a kohler command ohv engine? I can't find any screws for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The engine will only run at full choke. I have ajusted the govenor.

I need to increase the price. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter for a cleaning business to increase the price of the weekly cleaning. We have not had a price increase in 7 years.

What price to pay for business [ 2 Answers ]

undefined I am purchasing a new age bookstore. And our only problem is coming up with a fair price. The business as of now takes in under 40,000 a year profit. We came to price of 100,000, 35000 inventory, 5000 fixtures and furniture. 60,000 goodwill. Is that a fair price? Also we have...

Bd and ask price [ 1 Answers ]

Why we would see sometimes that the bid is lower than the asked price and vice versa?

View more questions Search