Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabbycat Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Financial Ratio
    Now we have to do financial ratios, which I know how to do. My problem is that I am not sure on which figures to use for certain formulas:

Price/earnings (P/E) Price per share/Earnings per share

Market/book (M/B) Market price per share/Book value per share

Ok now below is some information from Wal-Mart financial statements where we get our figures from

Now here are the links to look for the figures we need, but not sure which figure i use:

For Price per share and Earnings per share

- WAL MART STORES INC Balance Sheet - Forbes.com

The link for Market book per share and Book value per share

WMT: Key Statistics for WAL MART STORES - Yahoo! Finance

Now looking under that link, I am assuming that the Market Book per share would be
    Book Value Per Share (mrq): 16.978001

Can someone please direct me to the correct numbers i need to use in order to do my calculations. Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Financial ratio limitations - current ratio and debt to equity [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem which is as follows; Contracts with lenders, such as bonds typically place restrictions on the financial statement ratios. Two commonly used ratios are the current ratio and the debt-to-equity ratio. Why is it that these appear as restrictions, that is, do they protect the...

Financial ratio [ 1 Answers ]

If I want to invest in some solid stock in a company which financial ratio would be most helpful... I was thinking Liquidity Ratio but Profitability Ratio looks good to which should I use?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.