Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilpnellie2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 05:12 PM
    I feel worthless and unwanted
    I am 33 years old a mother of 3 for the past year I have been going through a lot and I feel worthless and unwanted I have bad mood swings all my bones in my body ache all the time I have lost all my sexual desires. My life I feel is over I make everyday miserable for everyone in it I don't mean to it just happens. I wish I knew what was going on with me but I don't. Can someone please help me fiure it out?
    beautifullily Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Oct 4, 2008, 05:33 PM

Sometimes when your life goes to focusing on you and taking care of yourself only then going to having a child and focusing everything on them, it is sometimes depressing sometimes forgetting who you are. In your case you have 3 children maybe it feels like a burden and like you are losing yourself. Try talking with a counsellor to give you professional advice and I hope everythign works out for you.
    happytohelptoday Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Oct 4, 2008, 06:51 PM

Sounds like depression to me. I had all the same symptoms as you a few years ago. I suggest you contact a doctor to let him / her know how you are feeling. I'm 35 and I got put on medication for depression and it has helped me out so much. I had to go through a few different medications until I found the one that worked right for me but boy what a difference it has made in my life. You need to feel better for yourself and your 3 kids. I wish you the best and hope you start feeling like yourself again. Depression is a horrible feeling.
    abbymimi Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2008, 07:49 PM

I agree with happytohelptoday. First consider your regular doctor. Sometimes, these are symptoms of a low thyroid. You would be surprised how much it has helped me since I've been on medication for that.

You have 3 children. I'm wondering if money is an issue? If so, there are agencies that will provide services free or at a low cost. Churches, health departments would be a good start. If money isn't an issue, go see a psychiatrist. I had mood swings until I was prescribed the correct medicine. It's an awful feeling. In the meantime, write down 5 good things about yourself. Look at it every morning, and every time you start getting down. Just 5. In the morning, make a list of what you need to do for the day (and that you have time for). It may be only 3 or 4 items. Scratch them off as you finish. It feels good. And, at night, write down 10 things you are grateful for. Specific things. Not things like good health, wonderful family, pretty day; but tiny things like - I'm thankful I didn't kick the dog today. I'm thankful I got out of bed, stuff like that. Make each day a different 10. This will get you through until you get counseling with a psychologist and/or medication. You will have the most success with the combination of the two. Medicine doesn't cure everything. Good luck.
    JazzyJx2 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 4, 2008, 09:15 PM

Baby, Jesus loves you!. I do too. Geesh I wish you were my neighboor, we'd have a lot to talk about. Misery loves company. Check out the support groups in your newspaper for depression, peri-menopause, (divorced?) singles etc.
    Get out of the house a little, for YOURSELF. I love to play music when I get overwhelmed or depressed, U2's 'Actung baby' CD is great!. it works for me, and I get the house cleaned up by not sitting on my hump and watching TV...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 10:47 PM

Hi, lilpnellie2000!

You've already received some excellent advice and suggestions here and I do hope that you return!

As far as finding people with whom to share and discuss your situation, you've come to the right place!

I can sympathize with the way that you feel and think, because I've been down that same road a number of times in my life.
    lilpnellie2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 07:47 AM

I want to thank everyone for there suggestions money is an issue with the doctor part I have no insurance to pay for the prescriptions or to go see a therapist I only wish I did. I try to think of the good thing about myself everyday, and everyday it just keeps getting harder I work 58 hours a week sometimes more just to stay out of the house. So I am not here to make anyone miserable. I feel like they don't help me when I am here and don't care especially my husband he only makes everything harder on me this is my second marriage the kids are by the first one. The kids and I do everything around the house even the trash while he does nothing that really eats at me a lot. We have big disagreements about that all the time. Anyway thank you all for you comments and taking the time to read my problems I don't have anyone to talk to or to cry to if I did maybe things would be different.
    beautifullily Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2008, 08:26 AM

Lilpnellie2000 - Are you in the US? If you are trying applying for assistance for you and your children. As for your husband he needs to be there for you no matter what. I hope you will soon be happy and things turn around.
    Knight_of_God Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 10:40 PM
    It has been Satan's desire to downplay human worth for ages.God sent His only son to die in your place,to restore we sinful humans to Himself.If you repent(turn from) of your sins and believe Christ rose from the dead,you shall be saved.

If you wish to know more,e-mail me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Feel Worthless [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me this is my last hope for someone to help me. Im 13 and well I'm having a few problems at the moment. I've had some school issues but its an illness why I can't go and now I'm being home-schooled. Since I've been having the problems my mom and everything else around me has been...

Am I Worthless? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know how to start this at all... I'm a 16 year old girl who is a semi perfectionist. I get high marks ranging around high 80's to middle 90's. I am also a great pianist (at least that's what my teacher says). People tell me that I'm smart and that I am nice... but... I look in the...

I hate this. I feel like I'm worthless [ 13 Answers ]

Everyone in my grade has something romantic going on except me! No one has really asked me out this year, and no one has officially admitted to liking me. And the guy I like is really shaky with me, I mean he never talk to me, but he has talked about me to my friends, and sometiemes I see him...

Feeling worthless [ 7 Answers ]

I lived with a woman for 3 years, had a son with her. Now I live by myself after having a family for 3 years. I felt as if she mentally abused me with her insults, which are making me feel worthless. I have 2 conflicting dilemmas here. 1. I want to go back with her since I still love her....

I feel worthless, do I have anxiety? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I don't want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things...

View more questions Search