Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123jeff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Faucet pressure inconsistent hot/cold
    We got a new hot water tank installed yesterday. Since the water was turned back on all was well until this morning. The kitchen faucets have a pressure difference in the hot and cold. (single tap mixer) To the right (cold) the pressure is fine, but to the left (hot) the pressure is low. We have already replaced the cartridge to see if it was that, but it is the same problem with the new cartridge. What could the problem be?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 05:04 PM

Did you flush the faucet before installing the new cartridge, if not close the angle valve under the sink remove the cartridge open the valve for a few seconds just to flush the debris, install the cartridge and check should be OK, good luck.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 07:53 PM

You could have some debris in angle stop, water supplies and / or inlets into the faucet.

Do this:
    Close one angle stop. Unscrew water supply line. Put towel over angle stop and slowly open it. See if you get good pressure. Repeat with other angle stop. If positive, than remove water supply line and see if it is clear of debris. Repeat with other water supply. If clear, than take a flash light and look upwards into the facet connector lines and look for debris. If blocked, take wire and clean it. That should do...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2008, 12:08 AM

Yep Milo is correct follow his instructions and you will be Ok, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Faucet will not get cold & have pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shower faucet that as you turn to get hot gains pressure. However, to get it to a reasonable temperature I have to turn it almost back to the off and the pressure is then extremely weak. How do I adjust this to mix the water properly and still have good pressure?

Reacuring air pressure in cold water faucet [ 3 Answers ]

When we turn on the valve for the cold water a burst of air comes out and slashes you. The hot water valve works fine. After the burst the water flows fine,but if you shut the valve and leave it off for 20 minutes or more the air pressure is back with a burst. This is a problem that has been...

Low cold water pressure and squeaking faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, avid DIY'er and not afreaid to break anything at least twice, before getting it right, (HEHE) Here is my situation(s) 1) In my master bath the shower has very poor cold water pressure. It's a single handle kohler diverter shower/tub. The cold water is almost non-existening. The...

Sudden loss of hot & cold water pressure in one faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Recently the pressure in both the hot and cold faucets on one bathroom sink dropped to almost nothing. We replaced the very old faucet with a new one but it did no good. We still have just the tiniest trickle out of both hot and cold. The tub and toilet in the same room are not affected. The...

Low cold water pressure on shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Mixet shower faucet (MDXTR-5). In the last several months, the cold side of the faucet has been having a very low water pressure. The hot side has a good pressure. The house is 11 years old, and I've lived there just for a year, so I don't know for sure how old the faucet is. I found...

View more questions Search