Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1meanhd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 04:09 PM
    A/C not blowing air but fan is running
    I have a Rheem Criterion unit. It's about 14 yrs old and has always worked very well. Today I came home and the house was very warm. The outside unit seems to be running fine. The unit in the attic seems to be working fine. Well, at least the fan is blowing as it should. But there is no air coming out of the vents at all.

The copper pipe coming into the top of the unit from outside is very cold and the bottom of the air box is cold to the touch but above where the pipes go in it's warm.

Is there some kind of flap or door in there that isn't opening? What would be blocking the air?

I hope this is enough info.

Thanks
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2008, 05:08 PM

You unit has probably frozen up due to either being low on freon ,dirty filter, or coil shut unit off for a couplr of hour with just the fan on the on position
    1meanhd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 05:59 PM

Air is now starting to come out of the vents and water is pouring out the drainage pipe. I guess it was just so frozen the air couldn't get through.

I guess it's low on freon then since the filter is new. I'll call tomorrow and have someone recharge it.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC unit running but no air blowing from registers. [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier 38TRA048 4 ton AC unit. This replaced our original "builders" model and has always worked great and is very quiet. Today, 104 degrees outside, the AC stopped blowing air out of the registers. The big fan in the Carrier unit outside is blowing and seems to be sucking out the...

AC is running but blowing out warm air [ 8 Answers ]

My A/C is running outside but its blowing out warm air its not cooling. What is the problem

A/c running, not blowing air [ 1 Answers ]

Our A/C system is about one year old. The unit outside is running (fan turning) and the air handler in the attic is running. But the vents have very little air coming out. The air that is coming out is cold, but you can barely feel it. I checked the duct work and couldn't find any problems,...

Air/heating unit outside running but not blowing air into home [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone would know, my main unit outside, will turn on,fans on it are running, but its not cooling house, no air coming threw vents in house, if we leave air/heating unit running outside ,it starts to sweat,theirs water on top of the unit, not sure if its freezing up or not ,it was...

FA oil furnace blowing cold air when not running [ 6 Answers ]

WE have a forced air oil fired furnace (and water heater if that matters) and while it works well most of the time, sometimes on a windy day we'll get cool air blowing through the registers when the furnace isn't even running. What could be the cause of that? The furnace is vented out through a...

View more questions Search