Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvbsb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Pituitary gland / with tumor
    The pituitary gland information that includes a tumor on it. What are the symptoms and information on medical procedures? What caused a tumor, what is the prognosis of surgery or information on what to expect if no surgery is performed. What to expect if surgery is an option?

Thanks,
    kvbsb
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Do you know if the tumor is benign or malignant? Let's start there first.
    Expert

May 25, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Also, age of person with tumor will be helpful.
    Expert

May 25, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Great website here:

Pituitary Tumors
    Homecoming Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 06:23 PM
    I have one of these pituitary tumours and have had it for over 20yrs. The pituitary gland is also our third eye that gives us physic ability's. It is also the major gland for releasing hormones. Stress Hormones in my case ouch !
    For women it is also the gland that creates breast milk and stops you from ovulating. It sends a message that your pregnant so your cycle stops and breast milk begins.
    It sits behind your left eye in an indented hole, right near the eyes nerve endings. Elizabeth Taylor had hers surgically removed as the tumour was pushing upward onto the nerves and effecting her vision. There are two types of drugs on the market that I know of and both work well. So don't panic its only a tumour because its working overtime and its almost like a bulging muscle They don't grow into any kind of cancer, but they do mess up your hormones which makes life funky.
    Homecoming
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 08:20 PM
    Unfortunately I agree and disagree with the above answer. Please check out the webist I have mentioned above.

Pituitary Tumors

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pituitary Gland Issue / Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All: Without getting too much into my issue, I have a basic question. Can your Pituitary Gland cause sleep issues such as not being able to sleep that well? I have a small Rathe Cleft Cyst pushing up against my Pituitary Gland and seeing as how the Pituitary Gland regulates so many other...

Anal Gland Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Eglish BullDog. Approximately 2 months ago we started to smell an odor coming from my dogs anal area. At first we thought it was just a bathing thing. Washing her every week did not cure the problem. Brought her to the Vet. He stated that it was her anal glands and that as long as...

Pituary gland [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to hear from someone as to how dangerous it is to have a tumor removed from the pituary gland.

Mamary gland swelling in Female Poodle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a female toy poodle who had puppies in December and her milk did not come in for 3 days. Consequently all the puppies died. Her mam glands did not go down and she then started leaking a pinkish fluid through the skin (not through the nipples). It has been 5 months now and 3 vets later, and...

Pituary gland [ 0 Answers ]

My wife is a diabetic and has had sharp pains originating from the base of her neck and migrating up through the back of her skull. Her Doctor ordered X-rays and diagnosed a pinched nerve. The radiologist, however believes the Pituary gland is swollen. What are the symptoms that would point to a...

View more questions Search