Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    queenbee5576 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 07:40 AM
    IS it leagal to have a fundraiser for your own family?
    I have a large family- we have 7 children. Things have gotten very bad for us and we are going to lose everything pretty soon. MY question is: Can we have a fundraiser for ourselves?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Hello queen:

You sure can. Just don't tell people that their donations will be tax deductible, and make sure you report the income on your tax returns.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 08:02 AM

Yes, you will have to follow city rules, for example in Atlanta, you can't stand at the street corner and ask for donations ( but the homeless do it but sometimes get arrested)

You can get a group to sponsor a chili supper, set up jars in stores what ever you want, set up a web site asking for money.

Just don't lie about what it is for

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allowable fundraiser [ 1 Answers ]

A small local organization has asked our 501C3 organization to join in the publication of a business directory listing members of both organizations that are small business owners. Businesses would pay to be listed. Is this a permissible activity for a charity?

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

View more questions Search