Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajam3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 01:11 AM
    History of Homeowners House
    Where can I find out who was the prior owner of the house I live in.
    Sandie WA
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 02:10 AM

Asking City Hall officials, or whatever the city or county government building is called where you live, would be a good place to start. There also should be tax records on properties available. Many times the information as to ownership of a property is now available online. Around where I live, I would look for the city website and assessors office online.

Records probably would also be available in the Abstract of the property, if you have access to that document.

Is there a particular reason that you are asking the question, please?

Just curious...

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 07:25 AM

The recorder of deeds will show a record of who has owned the hosue back to the time they started keeping records.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The recorder of deeds will show a record of who has owned the hosue back to the time they started keeping records.

Exactly, also on a title search or Abstract. Tax Assessor should also have info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House history [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how can I find out the history on the house I'm living in? Like death's and if it's haunted,criminal history how old the home is? Any help I would appreciate,thaks all.

House History [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I would like to know where I could get information about a house maybe the history behind a home like who lived there before who built it and how long its been unocupied... I tried to Google the address but it didn't give me much... maybe the library?? What section?

History of house [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know where do I go to find the history of my house. Ive had parnormal happenings. Could anyone help. >Moved from Forum Help<

Will my homeowners insurance still pay our losses from our house fire if we foreclose [ 3 Answers ]

We had a garage fire in December and our house has not been rebuilt yet. Our Public Adjuster is working with our Insurance provider and they haven't come to an amount agreement. In the meantime my husband and I are broke and we can't afford our house payments anymore. At the time of purchase we...

History of my house [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone no a web site to find the history of my house??

View more questions Search