Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2008, 11:42 PM
    Help me before I go crazy
    OK so me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months now and he really is an amazing guy when he wants to be... but then other times he is a complete . So tonight he had a show to go to with his friends his bands show and I guess they had a bad time I'm not really sure cause he won't tell me what happened. And tom we are supposed to go to my homecoming tom night and he always told me that he didn't like dances but knew he would be going g with me and would make it a good night for me but now he is thorowing it all back at my face the night before and it is making me feel like like I spent 300 on this dance and now I'm not even sure if I want to go cause I'm going to have a horrible time if he is just in a bad mood the whole time and he was so mean to me on the phone about it and like he is mad cause he is going to miss his favv bands show and its just like this whole time its always been music before me and its just like for once for one night I would like it to be about us and him to put me before music and he was basically telling me the other night that music is his priority not me and stuff like that and let me tell you it has hurt me so bad and has made me see him in a different way and I'm sick of it I love him to death but I'm sick of working my off for him and doing so much for him to have him trest me this way mi just want him to care about me like he used to but I don't know how to talk to him about this cause he does nothing but yell at me
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 11:54 PM

Hi, cutie08!

Is this the only guy that you've ever dated?

Thanks!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 05:57 AM

Well, since dating isn't about love (you already love/like them when you start dating), since dating is about seeing if you're really compatible long-term... seems like that's pretty clear now, huh?

Since the behaviors you see NOW are the real ones... him showing his real personality, treating you the way he's going to treat you, him actually (honestly) saying you aren't even near the top of his priority list... since you know all this now, what next?

Sure, you can talk to him about it. If he doesn't get mad he may even say some nice things to make you feel better. But then it will the same old stuff. As a guy, I can promise that.

When you date, you date to "see" who someone really is. That takes many many months. Sounds to me like you've put in that time and "Mr. Real" has shown up and you don't like him.

Go to your prom, with him or without him, then get your freedom back. You can spend what time you have left in HS practicing dating with other boy(s) or at least holding him at arm's length so he has to pursue you again.

Won't it be great to be pursued again?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm about to crazy I really need help someone please please help me [ 10 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend 4 about 3 months now and I can honestly say that I love him but I let him take my virginity and since then I have been really attached to him like I always worry about him if his phone is off or he don't answer my calls I always worry that something has happened to...

Need To Know Before I Go Crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out what the name of an old show I used to watch is. It's a children's television show from the late 80s or early 90s (I think). It was about a family consisting of a mom, dad, and son. The dad was a scientist. The story line was that the family wanted a little girl so...

I am going Crazy about her [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do I am 53 years old I look younger and I am in pretty good shape. There is this woman that came to work in my department and since I have laid eyes on her I can't stop thinking about her in fact I have never in my 53 years felt like this about anyone before when I see her my...

Am I Crazy? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have a son that is 14 months old... im not sure when this started but I think it happened when I was pregnant. There are times when I know that I am crazy but I don't know what to do about it. I think I am crazy because I always think ghost are after me. Not really like...

View more questions Search