Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasus53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
    401K frozen
    A little over a year ago, my employer offered me participation in a 401K. But just recently I was told that due to the companies retirement program, I was not eligible for this 401K.and it had been offered to me in error. The company immediately froze my account. I can not touch my money. When I contacted the holding company, I was told that there was a possibility that I could get my money at retirement but if the "freexe" the company put on it was still in effect, that was questionable. The company contributed nothing to this 401K. All contributions were payroll deduction. I have contacted several people in our corporate office to find out what is going to be done. So far, I have not received an answer. "I dont know" is all that is being said. Does anyone know if this kind of thing is legal? I don't have a high paying job and this little bit of money is important to me. To be told that it is totally out of my control is unacceptable. Any suggesttions?:(
    toddez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Google EPCRS and scan for the IRS sanctioned correction for errors relating to employees allowed to defer before their entry date.. . probably not the full answer, but it gives you a place to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K or Roth 401K [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, I am an Indian, presently working for a USA company. I will be in US for next 2-3 years and then I will return back to my country. My employer gave the option to enroll for 401K plan or Roth 401k or a combination of both. And the employer matches my contribution at the rate of 50cents on a...

Frozen acccount [ 3 Answers ]

If your bank account gets frozen does the bank have to tell the creditor how much was in that account

Frozen account [ 3 Answers ]

The office of the attorney general froze our accounts. What happens to all of the checks that have not cleared the bank?

401K frozen account [ 2 Answers ]

The company that I work for was purchased by a publicly held corporation. At the time of purchase they froze the 401K account from any additional investing that had existed with the prior company. All employees were able to invest into the new corporations existing 401K immediately. I have been...

Frozen turkey [ 7 Answers ]

I have a turkey in my freezer from last year that has not been cooked, yet. How long can you keep a whole uncooked turkey frozen and it still be juicy, tender and have a good taste when cooked?

View more questions Search