Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 02:43 PM
    The devil is in the details
    Bubba had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition. It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 21st birthday. On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the bar on the far side for their first legal drink.
    So when Bubba's 21st birthday came a round, he and his pal Jim Bob took a boat out to the middle of the lake, Bubba stepped out of the boat... and nearly drowned! Jim Bob just barely managed to pull him to safety.
    Furious and confused, Bubba went to see his grandmother.
    'Grandma,' he asked, 'it's my 21st birthday, so why can't I walk 'cross the lake like my pappy, his father, and his father before him?'
    Granny looked deeply into Bubba's troubled eyes and said, 'Because your fath er, your grandfather and your great grandfather were born in January, when the lake is frozen, and you were born in July, you dumbass '.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:04 PM

Good one Mag, love it! :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 08:41 PM

Ha Ha... :)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 09:37 PM

Oh dear, I think Bubba is someone I know...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 10:02 PM

Simone, everyone has a Bubba in their life, the key is not to be someone's Bubba. ;)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 8, 2008, 04:27 PM

Lol...

I love the visual of a grandmother calling her grandson a dumbass

Good one, mag
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 04:33 PM

HAHA! Very cute...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm haunted by the devil [ 9 Answers ]

for years I have been followed by the devil and I know it for certain. here's a couple of stories: when I was little I woke up at around 9:00pm because I took a nap after dinner. I knew for a fact it wasn't a dream because I had full control of things and I didn't wake up. anyway, I was...

Seeking details about "the devil in Devonshire" [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, my name is Priest I am the published author of two thriller fiction novels, "Empahty by Priest" and "The Frailty Of A Sufferers Delight by Priest" I am currently researching and writing a novel for a major publishing house on the subject of "the devil in Devonshire" the strange...

Could the Devil be from another planet? [ 48 Answers ]

This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyway I thought it was...

I think my puppy is a devil! [ 3 Answers ]

;) My 8 month old border collie/golden retriever chews everything! He tore up my kitchen floor and my living room floor. I thought it was OK to leave him have run of those 2 rooms becaue he was potty trained and he has every toy out there for chewing. Recently he chewed my couch apart. I have...

Jesus vs the devil [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend told me this joke this morning - thought I'd share it Jesus and the devil were arguing one day over who was better and who influenced men more. God got really fed up and says nether of you are very relevant anymore you need to get with the times. Who needs cankers cured these days...

View more questions Search