Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Oct 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Broke up with that person.knew it was the right to do! Why do I regret it sometimes
    Why is it when you break up with someone and you knew it was the right thing to do. But then you start to regret breaking up with them even though you knew it was the right thing to do. I was with this girl that I fell in love with. Some of your guys know my story. Well she was sure of her feelings up to a certain point then got all confused about her feelings for some reason (Maybe her going off to school, but she started changing a little before she left) that I don't know till this day. But that doesn't matter anymore because its over. But I tend to regret breaking up with her sometimes. Maybe I was thinking was there more I could have done or more I could have said. I mean I was darn good boyfriend to her. But then sometimes I regret breaking up. Or sometimes I tend to beat myself up thinking it was my regret when it clearly wasn't. Why is that? Breaking up was the right thing to do, but I kind of regret it sometimes.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Oct 3, 2008, 02:32 PM

I know how you feel.. I broke up with my ex lots of times and always wound up getting back with him, because I felt guilty and I didn't listen to my gut..

And guess what it cost me... a lot of wasted time.. If I would had just trusted myself I wouldn't had wasted both our time..

So my point is that you broke up with her for a reason, the relationship isn't working, don't give yourself reasons as to why it was good.. because that's when the guilt creeps in and then you end up doing things that you wish you never did..

Try distracting yourself when you start getting those thoughts, read, watch a movie, hang out with friends, anything.. don't let that poison in..

I learned it the hard way... be strong
    ShortyJ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 02:53 PM
    You get into a comfortable pattern in a relationship and when you end it your out of balance for a bit.
    Katho Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2008, 04:17 PM

It's tough making changes in life and sometimes there are lots of regrets when relationships end, no matter what the cause... people deal with them in their own individual ways... don't "beat yourself up"... strike out on a new path, adapt and adjust to the change one step at a time. Remember the good, remember the bad... learn from it... and above all... have faith in yourself.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 07:40 PM

Its called NOSTALGIA. You loved the person and shared with almost everything. When that person is gone for GOOD and REALISTIC REASONS, they leave a void that takes time to get used to.

Good news is, IT IS JUST TEMPORARY.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drinking quite a bit before I knew I was pregnant! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I just found out that I'm pregnant today & for the last 3-4 weeks have been drinking alcohol quite a bit with my hubby. A bit during the week & have been to some big party's on the weekends (Mainly beer). I think its only early days, as its just a month now from my last period. (I've done...

Never knew password [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased hp laptop from eBay and it has a power on password which I was gave but has a log on password that I do not know and would like to find out how to bypass this password so I can use the laptop

I broke it off and now I regret it [ 6 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend because I stopped having the feelings I did at the beginning but after we broke up he was so upset but now that I think about I still love him and I'm happy because he has a girlfriend but I haven't told anyone how I feel this is the first time I've let it out and I...

Wish I knew who sings this song, do you? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the alternative rock song with a fast groove and cool beat with these lyrics? All I want to do is to thank you even though I don't know who you are. You let me change lanes while I was driving in my car. Thanks, Shar1

Wish I knew... [ 2 Answers ]

All readings appreciated. I fell hard for this gentleman at work. Can anyone tell me if he has developed strong feelings for me too?

View more questions Search