Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddelaney19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Re install CD DVD drive on laptop
    How do I reinstall the CD Dvd Drive on my laptop?
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Oct 3, 2008, 05:19 PM

You shouldn't really need to as any OS will handle IDE drives by default, but if you provide the laptop model + drive model and/or problem you're having with it, it would be easier to answer your question
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 08:46 PM

If possible please supply as much information as to descibes your problem or question if it applys to request. Most are easy and if not supplied, they may be asked eventually depending on situation.

What happened to cause what you have there?

When last time worked?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

The operating system you're running, and its version.

The exact text of the error message if possible

Is it listed in windows explorer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop without a drive [ 2 Answers ]

How do I load software on my notebook computer which does have a disk drive ?

Install a Hard Drive - Install Error [ 11 Answers ]

HELP! I have a Compaq Presario 5333cl desktop with an Seagate 80GB HD (IDE). Running Windows XP SP2. Am using Casper XP 3.0 cloning software, (which worked perfectly on my Dell). Installed WD 320GB HD in disk #2 position. Both drives set to cable select. (Casper works within Windows, so...

Laptop won't recognise CDs in drive [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, PLEEEAAASE someone help me. :confused: I have this lovely new Compaq Laptop Presario B1200. When I put CDs into the drive it does not recognise them - e.g. I wanted to load Nero, put the CD in the drive and it says it's a blank disc. If I put a disc in with Word Docs on it, it says...

Every time I install a screensaver, my laptop will turn off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have an ACER laptop, I bought it 3 years ago and every time I install a screensaver, after a while it will shut down automatically. What's the reason? Screensavers are suppose to save the PCs/laptops from heating and not turning them off. I don't know whether this makes sense but I have...

My laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive either [ 1 Answers ]

My Toshiba laptop doesn't recognize the CD Rom drive. When I insert a disc, the drive opens and closes. The lights flash, and I can hear the CD spinning. But there is no action on the screen. When I go to Control Panel or Windows Explorer - the CD Rom Drive does not show up. Just my C drive and A...

View more questions Search