Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yisheng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Deduct mortgage interest
    Hi,
    My situation is like this. I refinanced my canadian home so I can get cash which I used to buy a rental property in Arizona, US. My question is: Can I claim the mortgage interest against the rental income from Arizona?

Thank you.
    mbtran2003 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 09:09 PM

Yes, you can deduct mortgage interest along with other cost too. Check out this Internal Revenue Service under residential rental property search...

Hope that help.
    Yisheng Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 07:12 PM
    I am a Canadian. The things worry me is that since I took money from my existing house, i.e. refinance. Use this cash to buy the house in US. The house in US did not have any mortgage, but with the house in Canada. Question is: Can I deduct the mortgage interest from the Canadian house for the rental income from the house in US?

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I deduct home mortgage interest? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a slightly interesting situation... I purchased a condo with my mother in 2005, but she was the only one named on the loan as her credit was much better than mine at the time. I am, however, on the deed of the condo. Since that time, I have paid all costs associated with owning the home...

Can I deduct Mortgage alteration fees? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I paid $495 to my lender to alter my home mortgage, can I deduct that amount from my taxes and if so, where does that fall under? THANK you!

Mortgage interest [ 1 Answers ]

I paid interest on my mortgage in 2007 and listed the amount, but now taxact is asking this on the next page (see below). I don't know how I'm supposed to answer. I didn't do any construction or improvements to my home last year so do I put all my interest in the top option? What does it mean buy...

Mortgage Interest [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I purchased our first place this past year. He has been paying the mortgage and real estate taxes so he was going to claim them on his taxes this year since we are not married yet. Well, I just printed our mortgage interest statement out through our lender. I am listed as the primary...

View more questions Search