Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    intocars Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Stop Code irq_not_less_or_equal
    I have a Dell Inspiron 8500. I tried to use my docking station and during that process, I accidentally turned off the laptop. Since that time, The unit will not boot up and I get the error message above with the same stop address in memory0x804F4A77. The error message suggest that "if the problem continues to Disable BIOS memoryoptions such as caching or shadowing. It also suggest to use safe mode. I have tried every thing I know and I cannot get past go. No matter what mode I try, I get the same error message. Help please!
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Oct 3, 2008, 05:34 PM

"irq_not_less_or_equal" most of the time means bad RAM, if you have 2 ram modules installed, try with just one of them (try with each). Also, try take out the CMOS battery (usually under a flap next to the battery with these models) and boot ignoring the warnings.

Still no luck? You might as well just reinstall xp using upgrade option if you don't want to lose data
    intocars Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 04:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tf7426 View Post
    "irq_not_less_or_equal" most of the time means bad RAM, if you have 2 ram modules installed, try with just one of them (try with each). Also, try take out the CMOS battery (usually under a flap next to the battery with these models) and boot ignoring the warnings.

still no luck? you might as well just reinstall xp using upgrade option if you dont want to lose data
    I have already tried your memory suggestion with no luck(assume I have good memory). I have already tried to re-install xp with and without upgrade option--still get same error. I have not tried the CMOS battery idea but will try. Thanks a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop City Code Enforcement Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I am being harassed by the city code department. There are a few home owners in my neighborhood that have nothing to do but complain and pull their pud. I understand the complaints must be followed up by an enforcement division officer visit. At least by drive by, if not a knock on the door. It is...

Stop code on car title [ 6 Answers ]

I recently paid off my car and today called the DMV's office to find out where my title is... they told me back in 2003 someone has put a stop code on my title and the state had it destoyed... just want to know if anyone knows what this code is and how does it get put on a title.. apparently it was...

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

View more questions Search