Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leela427 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Detect and Protect Viruses
    I was wondering if there is a program that gets ride of a virus and protects the computer from further viruses? Also how do you find a virus that you have?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
    Yes, There are numerous anti-virus programs available.
    One I would recommend is AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows XP and Vista
    Leela427 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 02:46 PM

Thank you Curlyben I will try it.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jan 12, 2009, 09:58 PM

The free version of AVG is good but check out how it comares with other versions of AVG at:

AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows XP and Vista

You can try Norton AntiVirus 2009 - 30 Day Trialware at:

Norton 360, AntiVirus, Internet Security 2008 Free Trial Software Download - Symantec Store Trialware Products - Symantec Store Products

If you decide to get NAV, look for a sale price, then next year before your subscription is up, look for a sale price with a rebate for previous owners. By doing that, you will get if\t for free or darn close to it after the rebate(s).
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 02:26 AM

You can get free Avast anti virus home edition from website avast.com and avg anti virus also can get free from avg.com which are capacity to protect from virus and spywares.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Viruses and Infections [ 6 Answers ]

What's the difference in "viruses" and "infections"? I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor which scans the computer daily. Everyday, there are (X) amount of infections on the computer, which I always clean up. So what's the difference? And how dangerous are these infections?

I have several viruses I can't seem to remove [ 2 Answers ]

My computer has recently become plagued with viruses, and I can't seem to get rid of any of them. I cannot do a system restore, and I cannot delete any of the bad files I actually find. The following are my problems: 1: When I open my Internet Explorer, "Security Toolbar 7.1" appears, and I...

Viruses on ftp sites [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a newbie and therefore am not sure of the site etiquette so please be kind. I have had occasion to visit a fairly open ftp site to download a range of files, including gif, xls and pdf files. I know that other users upload files to the same site all the time (it is a scientific site,...

Spyware and viruses [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any good websites to go to to remove spyware and viruses form your PC w/o paying for it?

Hi there anyone its about computer viruses... [ 5 Answers ]

Firt I want to thank you who every you are by reading this... now I have a computer problem... but I want to know first what is the best anti spy or virus should I use... I have tried spybots, adaware, Microsoft beta, trojan hunter, norton 2005, zero pop-up, spyware doctor, symantic, avast... but...

View more questions Search