Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RUSHMAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Lennox Electrostatic Air Filter
    I have recently purchased a house with a gas furnace and a Lennox "Electrostatic Air Cleaner" as a furnace filter. It says it is model "EAC 10-14-1" and beneath that it says "89 F 48." The thing looks pretty old, and when the furnace turns on the "On" light for the Lennox does not come on, and the air that the furnace blows makes the entire house smell extremely musty. I pulled out the metal "collector" plates from the Lennox and noticed that inside the Lennox, where the air blows through from the furnace, through the Lennox, and into the air ducts, is a metal frame with a mesh filter that is extremely clogged with dust. Can I clean this or do I need to find a new one? And how do I verify that there is power to the unit since the "On" light does not appear to work? I have been unable to find ANY information on this model, even on Lennox's website.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Clean the metal mesh filter. If the unit still fails to operate call for ON SITE SERVICE because the air cleaner uses very high voltage to do its job and it takes special tools to work on it.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 07:28 PM

Unless you have very bad allergies, I would just pull the guts out of the electric air cleaner and install a regular filter. In my experience, electric air cleaners are over rated. I agree with hvac, don't touch the thing if you aren't qualified.
    tomv. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
    I have power to unit but yellow lite seems dim & red zap lite only fires when switch is turned off.filters are clean.model is eac 10-14-1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

About Lennox 10ABC36-11P? [ 4 Answers ]

My A/C unit is running, but is not blowing cold air. Does anyone out there have any helpful suggestions for troubleshooting this??

Lennox A/C [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Our fan is not coming on for our 13ACC unit. We have checked the breakers. Is it possibly a fuse?

Lennox Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old lennox thermostat has 8 letters o-g-y1-r-l-t-c-w1-.my new honeywell thermostat has 9 locations lettered rc-r-o/b-y-g-c-l-e-aux.where do i put the l wire from the old lennox thermostat?

View more questions Search