Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Oct 3, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Biden and Palin Debate give me your overal grade
    I watch the debate last night and was happy overall with the confidence of both canidates. Joe Biden, had a great game plan and stuck with it. He attack each issue with facts and how obama-binden will change these issue. Sarah Palin on the other hand spoke a safe debate, she didn't attack all the issue Joe Biden put out. Palin sound more like a McCain commercial instead of a strong VP. My overall Grade for Biden is A- not every fact he threw out there was true. As of Sarah Palin my overal Grade is a B-, the overall meaning of debating is to attack any questions or issues that's thrown on the table. Sarah Palin only did that 60 percent last night.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:50 AM

Both did better than I expected. B gets a couple points over for his multiple references to "not different than Bush" (even though I disagree). I think that will be meaningful for some people.

Overall I'd give the advantage to B... while maintaining that anyone voting based on the VP candidate is nuts :)
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 3, 2008, 10:24 AM

After the debate, Fred Thompson challenged what Biden said about some of his votes, indicating that Gov Palin was right on that point. Gov. Palin did everything she needed to do which was to prove that McCain didn't pick a dummy for running mate, thus validating his judgment on that. She did it with style too.
    A rookie walked into the major league and hit at least a stand-up triple.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 12:32 PM

I think they both mis-quoted facts. I'm relying on factcheck.org for much of what I count as accurate or not...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 05:34 PM

Can someone tell me exactly when the US and France kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon ?

When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, "Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it."

Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel

There are many more that I have been researching today; like his clear misunderstanding of the Constitutional role of the VEEP.(it is not in the 1st article... and the Veeps role is much more than a tie-breaker . If they choose to do so ,the Veeps could preside over all the Senate deliberations as PRESIDENT of the Senate ) I'm not sure Palin really understands it either .

Overall ;Palin grew in confidence as the debate progressed . Initially she steered the domestic questions to where she thought she had the greater strength ;in her executive experience . Biden ;the career legislator countered with a constant reciting of his legislative accomplishments and measured them against McCain's . Unfortunately this style did not work as well for him when he cited Obama's paper thin legislative resume.

By the time the debate shifted to foreign affairs Palin was in her zone. She displayed an understanding of foreign affairs that many of her own supporters feared she could not demonstrate. But since she was a little unsure of herself early in the debate I scored it a 52-48 win for her .

I think Palin's attack style was effective and disarmed Biden somewhat "Your plan is a white flag of surrender" . Obama's plan to meet Ahamamadjihad without preconditions was "Beyond bad judgement" and "dangerous." She did an effective job pointing out the times Biden contradicted Obama policy and panned Obama during the many Democrat debates.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 3, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Palin needed to preach to the Republican choir that she's not as incoherent as perceived. Although she babbled in circles a few times, she came away with most of her Pub base feeling better about her. Palin's not ready for any high ranking office in Washington anytime soon. Palin receives a "C minus."

Gwen Iffil had to ask Palin, repeatedly, to address the questions because she failed to answer after babbling on in Tina Fey fashion. Palin was uncomfortable and wanted to speak about what she chose on topic. Bad move! Palin was sorely out pointed on the issues due to her lack of knowledge. The latest CBS poll on last night's debate showed the public has Biden's knowledge approval rating at approximately 98% and Palin only 14%. Biden deservedly earned an "A."

The Dems and Indies favored Biden. In survey, independents back Biden -- themorningcall.com
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 4, 2008, 02:41 PM

You expected something else from CBS? Fox saw it much differently.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 4, 2008, 08:52 PM

That's no revelation. Everybody knew that the majority of Fox commentators were blind and deaf.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 09:00 PM

SNL did a terrific skit tonight.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 4, 2008, 10:44 PM

When asked what the both candidates' Achilles heel was, I didn't feel that she answered the question. And the overuse of the word maverick by Palin got to be really annoying. I was relieved when Biden called her out on that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    When asked what the both candidates' Achilles heel was, I didn't feel that she answered the question.
    Apparently, she doesn't know what an Achilles' heel is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Obama vs. Biden [ 3 Answers ]

You've had your chuckles over Palin, this is the alternative... LvZpp9QJRME

Can anyone give me any ideas about the grade 6 graduation songs? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm grade 6 student this year. Our graduation practise will be in term 3. My friends and me decided to perform a song together. It doesn't have to be about graduation. But it can be something like "Please don't stop the music" or "skater boy" easy for us to perform, not too fast not too slow, but...

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Obama picks Biden [ 18 Answers ]

Joe Biden thinks Obama is a "mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" .Obama is rewarding this devotion by picking Biden as his VEEP . It's official ;the text message has been received. A stuffed shirt and an empty suit... perfect together! ...

View more questions Search