Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Furnace not lighting
    I have a Goodman furnace and it will not light. I looked at (I believe it called a Thermo coupler) It looks like it could be an electrode that heats up than the flame ignights. Well it's not heating up. When I removed it I didn't notice any cracks or excessive wear. I did replace it about 3 years ago. Do you think it could still be that or something with the ignitor
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 10:26 PM

Firch - I would try a new iginter zand check the thermostate, also check the gas valve. Does the pilot light stay lit? Im not sure that I'm right it has been so many years since I done any work on gas fired furnaces, Im only guessing and hopeing that I jar in your mind what the trouble is . Maybe some of the others will come along and have a better answer fopr you, Have a good and safe day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 03:49 AM
    Model number of your unit? Goodman has made 100's of different models over the years and my crystal ball does not work long distance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil furnace burner intermittent lighting [ 1 Answers ]

My oil furnace is not lighting every time the themostat calls for heat. Sometime it works fine and other time it will not light and I have to press the reset button and then it sometimes does not start. Fuel is getting into the fuel chamber. Sometimes the furnace will light after a lot of fuel has...

New furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a friend come out and look at my furnace because I was having some a/c issues and prior to it getting hot I was having some heating issues. Well the result is that my motor went. The furnace is/was about 25+ years old. I now have to purchase a new furnace. Where do I start?And does this...

Lighting my furnace [ 1 Answers ]

How do I ligt my furnace?

Gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My Furnace will run for about 12 hours no problem then all of a sudden the pilot light will go out , for the past two days its done this.. It stopped at about 5.30 am then last night at about 1.30pm... I will go down and relight it and it will start right up... It blows hot air seems fine... ...

View more questions Search