Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Dec 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    Thank you so much, I wondered if there were others who thought along similiar lines. For most of my life I have felt like an orphan, trying to fit in and grow spiritually, but incapable of abandoning MY truth and having no one to share my thoughts on the matter with.

I am interested in finding out more about Deists; do you have any suggestions as to where I might learn more?
    ME TOO!! I am not your average run of the mill christian like the rest of my family and in accordance of how I was raised. I "dared" to question. Beliefs :rolleyes:have to resonate as truth in my soul and gut. I can't imagine just buying into everything I've been told hook, line, and sinker. Too sheep like for me. I
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Dec 26, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Texas Parent, I felt exactly the same way you did, in fact, until a few months ago I didn't even have a name for my beliefs, it was Cred that told me about Deism, and after reading the definition I was so relieved, yup, that's exactly what I believe.

There are alot of sites on the web that will give you a better understanding. If you like I could PM you a few links, or you can google Deism, or Deists, that should give you a starting point.

I too am very glad to meet someone with the same beliefs as mine, I was beginning to think I was the only one on this site that believed this way. :)
    Count me in too!! :D
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 11:15 AM
    To Me a Deist is one who believes in God.
    I do.
    But I'm also a Christian.
    Fred
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Dec 30, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    To Me a Deist is one who believes in God.
    I do.
    But I'm also a Christian.
    Fred
    Common ground is a good thing ;)
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 11:48 AM
    TexasParent
    Indeed it is.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is Jesus to you? [ 175 Answers ]

Just wanted to get people's opinion of who Jesus is to you and why you feel the way you do? No trick, just want to discuss...

What kind of work is Jesus teaching about here? [ 10 Answers ]

Matthew 25:14. `It is like a man about to go abroad who summoned his servants and entrusted his property to them. 15. To one he gave five talents, to another two, to a third one, each in proportion to his ability. Then he set out on his journey. 16. The man who had received the five talents...

Morbidly Obese and need to loose weight now- any miracles [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need any advice, insiraptional storie, food diaries, in fact anywting Im a 21 year old female who is fearful to say weighs 22 stone I have managed. I have always been heavy for my age and come from a family if big people however I have come gto braking point I look in the mirror and don't...

There never was a Jesus? God? [ 165 Answers ]

I'm an atheist and have been since I was very young. I always had a great argument due to being brought up in a religious home, but never had the answer as to how religion came into play. My friend brought this video over to my house and it seemed a little boring at first, then about ten minutes...

Super Natural Miracles Testimonies! [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I am in need of a super natural miracle, I believe God is a miracle worker and through his son Jesus Christ we a conquerors. I need to work on my faith, and study the word of God, this is where I lack in my life. My question is, is there anyone out there who have been blessed in...

View more questions Search