Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairy-dust Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2006, 05:50 PM
    How do I start a marine tank?
    Hi, me and my boyfriend would like to start up a marine fish tank, but we wouldn't no where to start we have checked on the web and have found it quite confusing with all the stuff on there, dose anyone no what we would need to start one up??

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this

fairy-dust
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 25, 2006, 12:58 AM
    Check with your local fish store.. they should be very knowledegable about proper setup and caring of your new fishtank.. fresh or saltwater... you will probably be going there anyway to get the fish and all the accessories so use their knowledge... have fun..
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 05:12 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with the previous answer about going to a local store in your area. They can answer any questions you have. If you order something online, and have a problem with it, such as motor for pumping and filtering, etc, it's very, very difficult to get help.
    But, if from a local pet store, etc, there will be someone to help with everything. Best wishes.
    fairy-dust Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Yer neva thought of that god how dumb of me thanks for all your help you 2 nice one
    fattimoo Posts: 82, Reputation: 4

Sep 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairy-dust
    hi, me and my boyfriend would like to start up a marine fish tank, but we wouldnt no where to start we have checked on the web and have found it quite confusing with all the stuff on there, dose anyone no what we would need to start one up?????

thanx alot for taking the time to read this

fairy-dust
    Hiya did you start your marine fish tank? I'm thinking of starting one and I know what you mean about the internet giving you loads of different info its confusing me! If you have can you give me ny advice about starting mine? Thank you it would be much appriciated
    lubu Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 06:56 PM
    1. Never use a tank smaller than 45. I recommend using 55 as they are the smallest and easies tank you can find for a marine tank.
    2. Buy some aquarium salt.
    3. Get a heater
    4. Get a filter.
    And you know the rest, you will need some water conditioning too for killing the chlorine.
    fattimoo Posts: 82, Reputation: 4

Sep 15, 2007, 05:42 AM
    :) thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Marine AC problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a self contained 6000 BTU marine ac that trips the circuit breaker about 2 seconds after the compressor kicks on. So far I've changed the compressor, the breaker,the hard start capacitor and sent the circuit boards out to be checked. If I disconnect the hard start capacitor from the...

Studies in marine biology [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My daughter is presently studying in 12th grade in india. She is very much interested in marine biology. She has a tremendous liking for the waterworld, dolphins etc and wants to build up her career in the same field. Kindlyl let me know the scope for the same and if there is any career in...

Bearings in marine machinery [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly can any one give me details of types of bearings used in marine machinery

Marine law [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am doing my masters in southampton uk and ia m working on an assingnment on a collision case between the tricolor and kariba which took place in dec 2002 in english channel.please could you send them the links about the case study and insurance on the vessel and cargo...

View more questions Search