Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmangina24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 09:29 AM
    My kids (teenagers) don't want to have anything to do with me
    My kids (ages 16 and 14) have been living with their dad for the last 2 years and they do not want anything to do with me. I have a court order stating visitation but they refuse to go with me. What I want to know is will they ever want to be in contact with me when they get older? Their dad and step-mother have brainwashed them - my daughter had DHR called on me and my husband - she accused me of stabbing her and accused my husband of trying to get her in bed - DHR found nothing and closed the case. I love my kids but my heart is breaking thinking that I will never have any kind of peaceful contact from them.

When I was raising them, I thought I had a loving bond with them, but I am now finding out that I don't. I miss them telling me that they love me and I miss saying it to them.

Does anyone have a success story to tell to give me hope?
    70541 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 01:05 PM

No just some facts... #1 you NEED to talk to a attourney about these things... and see if he has some form of mental illness or was severely angry when the divorce happened
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Oct 3, 2008, 02:34 AM

It is very sad when this happens. You said you had court orders for vistation. Do you think you could go back to your lawyer and try to get court ordered counseling for these children?
    Kids don't usually act out in just one way. They may have other problems, like at school. If you could find some of this out, I think the court would grant your wishes.
    mmangina24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 09:15 AM
    I did go back to court for court appointed counseling - did not work - the kids were ugly and mean to the counselor, she could not help me plus it didn't help that their dad and step-mother were there making things worse.

I have filed a Rule NiSi and waiting for the court date - I am trying to get my visitation with the kids - I want to be able to spend some time with them, but they don't want to have anything to do with me. My daughter is still insisting that I tried to stab her with my fingernails and my husband tried to get her in the bed. This has been such a strain on my relationship with my husband but he has stood by me through all of this and he doesn't have any children of his own.

My counselor has suggested that I send cards to the kids to let them know I love them and I do just to have them returned "Refused" on them. I have prayed and I guess I will have to have enough faith that one day when they grow up and leave that family, they will come to their senses and contact me.

I love them so much.

I was just hoping maybe some other people have gone through this similar experience and have had luck later on in life where their child contacted them. Now I know what Alec Baldwin has been saying about parental alienation because that is what I am going through.

Thanks for your response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Teenagers Hate Me [ 7 Answers ]

After 24 years of verbal, emotional,psychological abuse, I divorced ny abusive spouse. He was going to fight me for custody of the 2 teenagers, I could not afford an attorney, I gave him custody. My two teens, a girl, 16 and a boy 18. They both hate me, are verbally abusive to me and extremely...

For All Teenagers Out There [ 3 Answers ]

After reading a lot of posts from teenagers I felt compelled to pull something together to sort of help, mostly reassure. 1) Teenager years can be awful. Everything is changing and everything is new. Please be easy on yourself all this stuff is new you aren't supposed to have the answer and...

Teenagers rights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 17 yr. old cousin who came to stay the summer with me. She doesn't want to return home. She has had a rough life and doesn't want to go back to it. She will be 18 on Dec. 21. What rights do we have? We live in Virginia.

Should teenagers get married ? [ 8 Answers ]

My question is :should teenagers get married ? I think they should not.I need reasons why they should not get maried. Thanks

Teenagers. So tired. [ 1 Answers ]

Why do teenagers like to get lots of sleep?

View more questions Search