Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JSR143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Laminate flooring
    I have a small area in my hardwood laminate flooring with a bubble. Do you know of a fix
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 2, 2008, 09:51 AM

Hardwood laminate?

Is it hardwood.. or is it laminate?

Are they "squares" or one solid piece?
    If squares, you could try taking a ruler and wrapping it in a towel (so it doesn't scratch) and "squeegie" the bubble toward the edge of the square

1 big piece: take a pin (dont use a nail) and poke a hole where the bubble is. Then squish out the air.

[Im not a pro! This is just how I would do it]
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 06:10 PM

That bubble is not air so don't go poking any pin holes just yet. You need to give us more details about exactly what kind of flooring you have and then a proper fix can be spelled out, if there even is one. You can't sqeegy laminate so just answer the questions the best you can.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 3, 2008, 08:49 AM

But I've done it? Years ago I did a quick fix floor job in my old house.. cheap laminate self stick square. I got a bubble under one and was able to push the bubble to the edge.

But you are correct.. I guess I was just thinking of the cheap stuff. It could be many diff types of flooring.

Jumped the gun with my answer. Thanks Ballenger
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 09:06 AM

No problem Static, we are in agreement 99% of the time. Until JSr comes back with answers we won't get any further with this. We need to know if this is a floating floor, snap-n-click, glue down or what. Like you said yesterday, laminate or hardwood, we still don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best saw blade (tooth wise) to cut laminate flooring

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, We had water problems in our basement and need to put down a new floor. We would like to put down a laminate floor but am concerned because the temperature During the winter months gets down to about 50 degrees will this cause problems with A laminate floor?

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I have laminate wood flooring in my kitchen. One of my children spilled something on the floor and neglected to clean it up. When I noticed it, it had already buckled. Is there any home fix-it I can try to correct this. I cannot afford to have it repaired and would appreciate any help.

Laminate flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I paid a bulider just six months ago to lay a laminate floor in my lounge , six months later it has begun to rise in various places , I am very upset about this , and he's not prepared to put it right , so it looks as though I must try and fix it myself , trouble is I don't know why its...

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search