Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawgirl20064 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Washer not working after plumbing work
    I had a plumber over this week and he fixed my floor drain. I had been getting a horrible sewer smell in the house. The smell is gone. However, in tracking down the problem, we had looked at the washer. I am not sure what happened, but the washer is not working now. There is not water entering the washer, although I hear a slight click when I try to get water flowing to it. I've checked the water valves and it seems like they are on. Also, the dryer is on the same circuit and that is working so it's not that easy... any ideas?? Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 07:53 AM

If the plumber did some work I'd call him back first. He may have forgotten to open a valve some where. If your problem is isolated to the washer try closing the valves, how many turns did that take, now reopen all the way. Any better?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 2, 2008, 06:55 PM

There are 2 sets of filters: One set is at inside your h/c supply hoses, Second set is inside washer threads where you attach h/c hoses. This happens often...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2008, 04:28 AM
    I think Milo's on to something here. The hoses have screens. Shut the water off and unscrew the hoses and check and clean the screens. The washer inlets are also screened so check down there as well. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 09:09 AM

Screens may be a logical approach and may be worth looking at. However, both hot/cold shutting off 100% after the plumber left seems more like valves or supply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working with old cast iron plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove lead pipe from old cast iron with out destroying the cast iron? Also the best way to then connect pvc to cast iron.

Ran washer with plumbing rod in! [ 1 Answers ]

I ran my GE washing machine yesterday for the first time... when it got to the spin cycle, it made so much scarey noise I thought it might explode; I just ran 3 rooms away! As soon as spin was over, I ran in & shut it off. It had "walked" 3 feet from the wall. Then I noticed a yellow tag on...

Plumbing an overflow washer Pan [ 1 Answers ]

How do you do the plumbing for a washer overlfow pan. Do you run the hose outside your wall or into washer drain

Washer Machine Plumbing Help [ 7 Answers ]

All right, I live in a mobile home, and my water valves for th ewasher machine are leaking. I bought a new setup up valves that are brass. But I got to look and I have that poly something lines that the water run through. My question is can I use compression fittings to hook the poly lines to...

View more questions Search