Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 24, 2006, 01:34 PM
    Fighting cravings
    I'm just wondering how you fight the cravings. I am trying to stay healthy, maybe lose a little weight but I am having a terrible time trying to fight these cravings. Any ideas? Any advice? AnyTHING? Please... I'm getting desperate! :eek:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 02:38 PM
    To me it depends on the cravings and finding alternatives. What exactly do you crave? I will check with my nutrition professor about healthy alternatives.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
    Aqua, do you have cravings at a particular time of the month? Just wondering because the only time I have food cravings is for a few days before my period. Once I discovered that my cravings were related to my menstrual cycle, I was able to control them better. I stock up on lower fat snacks that I like (such as rice cakes, frozen berries and fat free yoghurt) for those few days, and just eat as much as I want, exercise a little more, and try not to worry about it.

May 24, 2006, 10:15 PM
    Yes Orange that is the worst time for me. Well then and any time I have a nap. It's like I'm just waking up from hibernation I'm so hungry. That's a good idea about stocking up on healthy snacks. I think if I washed the fruit and veggies when I got home that might be a little easier than having to do it every time we need to eat them. I will have to find some healthy snacks.

J9, I crave a lot of chocolate. There are times I'm looking for just about anything, but mostly junk food. I know I don't get enough fruits and veggies, it's very hard. I would appreciate anything you learn.

Thanks both of you.:)
    Expert

May 25, 2006, 07:25 AM
    I'll check with my professor Aqua. But for me I just had to get to the point of not having junk food in the house. My newest form of junk food is carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and ranch dip. I will dip just about anything in ranch. These foods, especially carrots, contain natural sugars that can mimic the sugars in certain junk foods.

I like to make homemade coleslaw using shredded cabbage and mixing it with Good Seasons Italian Dressing.

I have even taken to growing strawberries in my flower garden. Makes a nice ground cover and I can go pick a few when I am in the mood.

May 25, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Thanks J9, I will try some of your ideas. I can't wait to hear what you find out. Thanks.:)

(I tried to give you reputations but apparently I've given out too much in the last 24 hours-LOL)
    Expert

May 25, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Same here aqua, tried on another post for you and got the same.

I'll keep you up to speed on what I find out about cravings though

Jun 19, 2006, 07:28 PM
    J9... do you have any updates? Just curious. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Fighting Divorce [ 5 Answers ]

If you don't want a divorce can you just not sign papers? What happens? I just wonder if you can say that you are not giving them a divorce.

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

Blue Security Spam Fighting [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone else here uses Blue Frog for spam and if you have found that you are getting any less spam. For those who don't know what it is basically you can report your spam to the Blue Security group and they hammer the spammer's website's with opt out requests on your behalf. ...

Help with fighting kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 kittens, 2 females and 1 male. They are all 3 months old and from the same litter. The male was sick for 2 weeks and was not allowed to be near the females. Today the vet gave me the go ahead to put them all together again. I was expecting a happy reunion, but that's not what happened! 1...

View more questions Search