Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    70541 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Is it normal to have all 5 senses in a dream?
    I have tasted food ,smelled touched and felt skin... feelt pain... felt pleasure... and obviously heard...
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 01:04 AM

I feel all of them sometimes too. So I guess, yes... We say that anything can happen in dreams, don't we?:p
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 01:14 AM

I think that it's possible for about anything to happen in a dream.

Do you dream in color? I do. Not everyone does.

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2008, 01:37 AM

Yes.. I have never had black and white...
    vexation Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Oct 2, 2008, 02:47 AM

Hello
    Most young boys to men have wet dreams
    (developing sexuality)
    Dreaming is important part of our souls or spirituality -- refections of our everyday lifes past and present our thoughts and conerns.
    Be open and honest in life is the road to a good dream
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Oct 2, 2008, 04:10 PM

Recently I was having a dream in which I was talking with someone in a hallway, and pointed out to him the linoleum tiles on the floor, the cinderblock walls, the echo-y resonance of our voices in the hall, and said, "Pretty good detail, isn't it? That's quality dreaming!" ;)

If you've read many of my posts on this site, you'll know I'm not the person to ask for advice about what is "normal." ;)

On the subject of dreaming, however: The kind of rich, vivid, multi-sensory dreaming you describe is the mark of a creative, artistic person. Paying attention to the details of your dreams like that can train you to pay attention to details in your waking life, helping you to be more present and live more fully. Only someone who is alive in the present moment, not obsessing about either past or future, can experience that kind of sensory richness. Kudos to you. In the same way, some people who learn the art of lucid dreaming find that as they learn to take control of their dreams, they become more able to be in the driver's seat of their lives in the daytime as well.

You have the makings of a good dreamer. With that kind of imaginative, creative power, there are a lot of things you will be able to do in the world, whether you are an artist in the classical sense or something else.

Blessings, and many happy adventures!

Alder

Oct 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Pt.2 of my promblem
    So what exactly would that be called anyway... I know there's a technical term I think

Or is it just plain manifestation :confused:

*for questions on this post see "i had a dream that sorta became real"

Oct 3, 2008, 08:32 PM

Also is there a way to control it... I don't want it becoming fully visible and scaring my family or worse
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 4, 2008, 02:55 AM

A waking dream? When you are 99% asleep?

Oct 4, 2008, 03:31 AM

No I had a nightmare about a gargoylish creature and woke up and for 3 nights heard the sounds it exactly made wings beating its cries "screeches" and claws on the roof...

It suddenly disappeared... we looked once but it wasn't there but when we went back inside it disappeared
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 03:40 AM
    How old are you, 70541? It would be helpful for those that answer you to know that. Dreams can be different and mean different things depending on the age and experience of the person that has them.

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2008, 03:51 AM

Genuinely I'm 19... but I had that dream a year and a half ago
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2008, 04:03 AM

Thanks! So, why are you concerned about you family finding about such things concerning you, please?

Oct 4, 2008, 05:16 AM

The beast like thing that came to semi-form... I'm afriad if it gets worse or happens again with somethiong else or it... it could become self sufficient... possibly be fully formed... and that frightens me... if I could never have it happen again thatdd be great however... I still would like to know someone with similar issues that knows how to prevent it
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2008, 07:46 PM

You mean your dream coming to life?

Oct 5, 2008, 09:25 PM

Yes
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by 70541: the beast like thing that came to semi-form... I'm afriad if it gets worse or happens again with somethiong else or it... it could become self sufficient... possibly be fully formed... and that frightens me... if I could never have it happen again thatdd be great however... I still would like to know someone with similar issues that knows how to prevent it
    Originally posted by Unknown008: You mean your dream coming to life?
    Originally posted by 70641: yes
    Dreams are just dreams, 70541. For them to become reality, a person has to act on them in such a way as to allow what is dreamed to be manifested in the real world outside of that which is in our minds. A person can cause a dream to become a reality because of the ways that person might make it a reality. I'm speaking ambiguously here and my words above are not meant to be directed at any certain dream or type of dream.

It sounds to me like you are probably a very creative person with a big imagination who had a nightmare that was just really scary and because of your creativity and imagination, you let your thoughts get somewhat out of control at times. That's the way that I am. Would that describe the way that you are at all?

I'm 51 years old now. When I was about 38, I had a single idea pop into my head where I thought that something was telling me that I wouldn't live past the age of 45. Because of my obsessive-compulsive nature coupled with a tendency to think irrational thoughts at times, that thought that I had, bothered me for a number of years until I lived through my 45th year in this world. I realized then, that it had been an irrational thought and that I'm not able to predict the future. Perhaps you might have a similar personality?

Was there something that happened in your life right before you had that dream that may have influenced your having the dream that you did, please?

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2008, 12:10 AM

It would be the case except my whole family heard the noises wing beats that sond like a parachute opening... screetching of something we have never heard and claws on the roof sounding like a garden claw being dragged hard on the roof

But I've heard of poltergiests... so I guess that could be a cause
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 01:41 AM

Thanks!

Since you have dreamed about these things, it's possible that what was heard was influencing what you dreamed about. Happens to me all of the time.

Do you live in a location where it might happen a lot where animals of various types might get on roofs?

Oct 6, 2008, 04:12 AM

1 yes 2 none that sond anywhere near that... no birds that big with wingspans like that and nothing with that screetch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did I dream this horrible dream? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know whether I should've posted this under philosophy, but I couldn't find anything closer to the subject "dreams". Anyway... Last night, I had a horrible dream and I don't know why. I dreamed this tall, skinny white man was chasing me trying to kill me. My dream jumped from 3 different...

My breasts! Normal, or not normal? [ 8 Answers ]

OK, so I'm 12 years old. My breasts are growing fairly quickly, and now I've reached to about a b-cup. The problem is, my right breast is growing at a much faster rate then my left breast. Now it looks ridiculously mis-matched, and my right breast even has stretch marks! I'm worried now, will it...

What does this dream mean? [ 2 Answers ]

I am new to this site and I'm trying to find out exactly what my dream meant? I woke up so fast and scared :( My sister was able to take my son to school with her so I let her. When it was time to go pick them up I was in front of the store with the stroller waiting for her to come. But she...

A dream! [ 4 Answers ]

I had a dream last night about this guy I like in real life. In the dream I was at his house And I was at the table and he served me a piece of toast. In real life I had a misunderstanding with this guy. I was thinking about trying to work things out with him by trying to contact him...

My Dream [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, and lastnight I had a dream that I gave birth to twin snakes. Does that mean anything? I think I recall one of the snakes may have died. I also think I may have pooped them out, but in my mind I was giving birth. I was all scared after because I thought that the...

View more questions Search