Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starcrush Posts: 109, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Strawberry filling sheet cake
    I need some advice. What is best way to fill the cake and place the 2 layers on top of each other thanks
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Oct 1, 2008, 03:48 PM

You should be able to spread the filling and put the other layer on top. You might want to use a pastry bag so you don't lose as much filling but thiss might be more work than is worth it.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 09:28 PM

I like the idea of using a pastry bag for the filling. Clever! :)

I usually use a rubber spatula or a large, flat, rounded knife, and those work great.

Instead of making one large cake and splitting it in half, it's much easier to bake two or three thinner cakes. Then, to lift the cakes up, use a large spatula (or two if you have them).
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 11:25 AM

You need to make sure that the strawberry filling doesn't squeeze out when you put the two layers on top of each other.

To do this, take a pastry bag fitted with a coupler (That's the white thing that you attach a decorating tip to) but don't add a tip. Fill the bag with the frosting that you will frost the outside of the cake with and pipe a "wall" or "dam" around the outside edge of the cake layer. Then fill the inside of the wall with your strawberry filling. When you put the next layer on the top, repeat the process. By the time you get the whole cake assembled, the frosting wall will keep the filling from squeezing out. Frost the cake with the same frosting.

I'm a Wilton Method Cake Instructor and make wedding cakes. This works like a charm! :)

Good luck!
    starcrush Posts: 109, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2008, 03:58 PM

Thanks so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strawberry Blonde? [ 1 Answers ]

I really want strawberry blonde hair with blonde highlights. My hair is a faded red/purpleish right now. Is it even possible to get my hair this color? If so, how much would it cost to get it colored, highlighted and then cut?

Strawberry blonde, what is it? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I currently had my hair done about four months ago at my personal hairdresser's. It's most likely between a copper to an auburn shade of red. My dilemma is I want to go strawberry blonde, but am at a stand-still. Will I be able to reach this goal without a long waiting period? And, I've...

Strawberry jam for diabetics [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has diabetes and I have lots of strawberries, so... does anyone have a recipe for Strawberry jam suitable for diabetics please? Thanks

View more questions Search